Back After 4 Years

Options
Hi guys,
I haven't been actively being mindful of my body and my food intake for probably 4 years, now.
4 years ago, I spent an entire year losing about 60 pounds. I had gotten up to a high weight of 217 pounds. Ended up exercising and watching my calories down to a perfectly healthy 161. Afterwards and over the last 4 years, I've just been gaining. I still have about 20 pounds to my previous high weight, but I'd like to work on changing myself again before I get to that point.

So, I wanted to say hello and ask for your advice. My life has changed a lot since I was actively watching my calories.
I currently don't have a full-sized fridge, so I have a hard time buying perishables and keeping them cool enough in my tiny cube fridge.
I have two jobs. I work at a coffee shop and at the University here in town (doing mostly desk work 20ish hours a week).
AND, I have a boyfriend. Which has super changed my eating and drinking habits, as well. Basically, I'm away from my house from 9 in the morning to midnight. Sometimes earlier.

Do any of you have suggestions as far as non-perishables/canned foods that will work for a low-calorie diet and be something I can grab in the morning that will sustain me through my work day (basically zero prep time is what I need and I know that's asking for a lot)?

I'd love for you to add me as a friend. I need some accountability partners. Working at a coffee shop kills me sometimes. So many high calorie things right at my finger tips.

Let me know if any of you have advice. I'm sorry for the book. :D

Replies

• ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. You might try doing a prep day of something like chicken breast and then just buying your fresh fruit and veggies a couple days at a time. Happy to help you figure it out. Message me if you'd like.
  • RainingintheSing
    RainingintheSing Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @ellie0213! I think that's going to be the very best I can do, I agree. Maybe I could use my boyfriend's stove and fridge (sometimes) and that might help, too. I'm at his house all the time anyway.