Any P90x fans?

Options
I'm just beginning my P90x routine. I have done Julian Michaels consistently in the past but got a little bored and fell off the wagon awhile. Decided to jump on the P90x train and so far I really like it!

Replies

• JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I've had it for years but never finished more than about half. Today was day nine for me and I am determined to finish and maybe even do another round or two. Good luck!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    On one hand, I thoroughly enjoy it (although sometimes you'll want to mute Tony during his corny jokes).
    On the other hand, I got bored with P90X after a few weeks in. I've tried and tried to get further, and it's boredom that ultimately gets me to stop. Also, 90 minutes for yoga..........no thanks.

I loved any of the chest routines, Legs & Back, and Kenpo X.......all of the other ones were a bit of a waste for me.

To speak to its benefits, I did feel myself getting stronger (as you should with any strength training regiment). In the end, even though you are doing a different workout every day, it's the same workouts every week for 3 weeks and that just bored me.
  • danadom79
    danadom79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've had access to it for about 2 years and never done it. I have made my mind up to get through the 90 days! I seriously hate 90 minutes of yoga. And oh if we could only mute Tony at times! Good thing he can't hear my replies. My husband switches up the weeks. Like, week one he will do all of week one but the next week he puts some from.week 3 in and back and forth. Keeps him from getting as bored. He's never finished either so we are on a mission! He's trying to vary it to keep him interested. God luck! Thanks for the comments.
    Plyometrics was it for me today. It was killer!
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    What is it? Been hearing a lot of people talking bout their workouts, but I've never heard of it till coming to MFP.
  • danadom79
    danadom79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    P90x is a total body - high intensity circuit training program. It's a 90 day program. It is split into 3- 3 week programs. Meaning the first week of workouts you repeat for 3 weeks and move to the next. I got intimidated when I first tried it and quit. But i set my mind to do what I could each workout and basically modify when I needed too. I'm finding it easier to get through an entire workout - even when I don't hit as many reps or go quite as long. I break when I need too and jump back in. It's getting easier and easier. I love the program. So far. Even though I'm super sore... that's just my body getting stronger and more fit and healthier!