Little time for Gym

Options
I'm lucky if I make the gym twice a week with my hectic lifestyle. Is it possible to see good 'bikini body' results by diet alone & 2-3 gym sessions a week? (50 min gym sessions: 20 mins cardio, 20 min weights, 10 min cool down/stretch)

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Try doing body weight exercises in the morning before you go to work or before bed. Push-ups, sit-ups, etc.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    You can get toned and fit a thousand different ways, and many of them don't involve a gym. If you take the time to spend getting ready and getting to the gym exercising at home, you'll have more time for exercise.
  • LadyLallybroch
    LadyLallybroch Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There's no rule saying that all exercise must be done at the gym. Bodyweight workouts are great. There are a lot of guidelines out there, videos on youtube, etc. Just find something you can do in 20 minutes, get up a little early and get in your workout.

But honestly, even if you don't, you can still lose weight. Just eat at a deficit.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    2x, not really. 3x-yes. Better to just hit some 5x5 lifting program though and try to be more active in your daily life you really need the cardio to cut.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    If I don't have time for the gym I will do a home whole body workout which is only 30 minutes, but diet alone will help with losing inches while the gym or exercise will help with building lean muscle mass
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    2x, not really. 3x-yes. Better to just hit some 5x5 lifting program though and try to be more active in your daily life you really need the cardio to cut.

I'd agree with this

the 3x you make it to the gym concentrate on a decent progressive lifting programme like stronglifts5x5 or starting strength

and then just get more active in your regular life - walk where you'd drive, take the stairs - maybe get a fitbit or similar to log your activity and challenge yourself in activity rather than purposeful exercise

Watch your diet because it's 90% food intake

Cardio is great for cardio-vascular health and calorie burn but it's not the vital one when looking for body composition

Bodyweight exercises are also good - check out nerdfitness
  • sarahjaneohare
    sarahjaneohare Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. I have taken on board all the info, tips & suggestions. I've considered everything discussed and have set myself a goal, new programme & lifestyle changes. Thanks for the support!