2»

Replies

• JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Chiles Rellenos:

4-6 Large Poblano Peppers
    Monterey Jack Cheese – shredded
    Chicken or Pork – cooked, pulled, diced, leftovers, whatevs (meat is optional, usually made with cheese only)
    Cilantro, Green Onion, Jalapeno – chopped

Roast peppers over a flame, either stovetop or grill until completely charred, place in bag & allow to steam for 10-15 minutes. Peel/clean the skins from the peppers, taking care not to tear them. I will run them under water to help rinse off the char. These can also be stuffed w/o charring/peeling if the skin does not bother you, will take a little longer in oven.

Mix equal parts cheese and meat, add cilantro/onion/peno to taste. Carefully make a cut down side of pepper & stuff with meat/cheese mixture.

Pour sauce below (or salsa seasoned with a pinch of cinnamon) into an iron skillet or baking dish, 1-2 cups, enough to cover bottom of pan. Place stuffed peppers in pan on top of sauce, cut-side up. Sprinkle more shredded cheese over top. Bake in pre-heated 400f oven for 10-15 min or until bubbly.

I’ve also stuffed these w/ mexi-style rice as well.

Mexican Tomato Sauce for the Chiles Rellenos (super easy to make if you have a blender):

• 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped (or canned whole peeled tomatoes, drained)
    • 1/4 medium yellow onion
    • 6 cloves garlic
    • 5 sprigs fresh cilantro
    • 1 jalapeno (with seeds)
    • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (preferably Mexican)

In a blender, combine all the ingredients and puree until smooth.
    Transfer the tomato puree to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until slightly thick, about 10 minutes.

This sauce is incredible if you have the time to make it. I make it in large amounts and can it in pint jars, perfect amount per meal.

Yield: about 3 cups

if any of this is confusing, let me know...these and the quesadillas are very versatile with leftovers
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    Would like to have stuffed pepper enchiladas .

http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/cheesy-enchilada-turkey-stuffed-peppers
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Not the healthiest option, but I also make a chicken enchilada pasta every once in a while. Super simple and just a few ingredients needed.
  • Lauramae980
    Lauramae980 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My husband makes tacos with ground turkey meat. Very yummy. Gotta find a good shell. The filling is fine....
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I think I'm going to make this -

Chicken Tacos with Avocado Salsa

Everybody's ideas are going to keep Tuesday busy for a few weeks though
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    My husband makes tacos with ground turkey meat. Very yummy. Gotta find a good shell. The filling is fine....

Mission makes an extra thin corn tortilla for 40 calories. You can either dry pan sear them or drape them over your oven grates to make a crispy shell.
  • blondie_mfp
    blondie_mfp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like to make a "bean dip" by layering: a can of refried beans, 16 oz of plain greek yogurt mixed with a packet of taco seasoning, and 8 ounces of shredded cheese. serve it cold as is with chips, or use it as filling for burritos or enchiladas.

my favorite tortillas are the fiber one wraps; they are huge and only 80 calories!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    Would like to have stuffed pepper enchiladas .

http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/cheesy-enchilada-turkey-stuffed-peppers
    Thanks....not sure how "recipe"got left out.

• losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Taco salad. My goto. big plate of salad - cheese if I want (not tonight doing whole 30) taco meat peppers, salsa, yum!!!!
  • justcallmesky
    justcallmesky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nooooooo at taco Tuesday the world will be destroyed by President Business!!!
  • Lauramae980
    edited October 2015
    Options
    we are actually doing tacos tonight so this thread is handy :)
  • Lauramae980
    Options

Mission makes an extra thin corn tortilla for 40 calories. You can either dry pan sear them or drape them over your oven grates to make a crispy shell.

thank you!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    We just had fajitas tonight, saute onion bell peppers and mushrooms in a little olive oil then put in some thin 3/4" thick steak cut thin against the grain and I put some seasoning on it from mccormick that is beef fajita seasoning, but I only use part of the package of that. Warm Medium tortilla and put a small smear of lite sour cream on, load up the fajita stuff, add a little lite cheese and salsa. I make rice a roni mexican rice to go with it. Great left overs, you can actually make quesadillas with the leftovers too.
    Im looking at everyone else's ideas too. Love mexican food so much!!!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I also found a great recipe for a white chicken chili that tasted like green chili chicken enchiladas. If you go online and look up once upon a chef white chicken chili, that's the one I used except I used 3 cans of beans and put one in the food processor to mash, to thicken the soup. Used one small can of mild green chili instead of poblano peppers(couldn't find in the small town we were in). It was so great, heated up well, top with a tiny bit of shredded pepper jack cheese and a small crumble of crushed fritos. I could eat it every day. Totally loved it. ( only used 1/2 tsp of the ancho chili powder too). Fairly low calories and filling.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I got a recipe here:

Chicken Quesadilla

-Whole wheat wrap
    -Chicken breast, pulled
    -Avocado, sliced
    -Hummus
    -Reduced fat colby jack cheese

I'm making this tonight, hopefully it turns out good. Its not Tuesday, but...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I made this fajita salad this week: top blade, red pepper, greens, fajita seasoning, black beans, avocado, chipotle sauce, and LC cheese in creamy queso

yli07b8tbuif.jpg