Anybody recovered fully from tendinitis?

Options
Sued0nim
Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
How long did it take?

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Depending on how far you went before taking a break, a couple weeks to a few months.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It depends on the tendon and how soon you realised what was wrong and sought help. At best a few weeks, at worst, you do not want to know...
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i took a few weeks off and it went away, but now it's back :frowning:
    so i stretch a lot and keep it manageable.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    While I was writing my dissertation I got a horrible case of tennis elbow (from clicking the mouse). I had the steroid shots and was advised they might only last a few months. That was 16 years ago and I've never had an issue since. Hope yours resolves totally and permanently.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with tendinosis (chronic tendinitis) in my shoulder. I injured it while sloppily dropping the weight during close grip bench press in November of 2014. It pretty much stopped me from working out all winter. I finally got an MRI in March and did physical therapy for all of April (then had an insurance change so I stopped). I took it easy from there and appear to be fully recovered. So it took me about 5-6 months.
  • Sued0nim
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the input

<beware moaning ahead>

It's been 4 months (wrist to elbow issues - right worse than left) - probably made it worse the first month, had 3 months rest - no weights at all for the last 2.. too much damn cardio

I have been seeing a physio and had a demon course of acupunture the last 3 weeks, alongside stretching and now resistance exercises (2kg wrist flexion downwards to stretch it .. woop) - she said I could try careful weights again as long as no wrist flexion but nope ..flaring pain on right side

am peeved

(there is a stronger word but there aren't enough asterisks for how I'm feeling)

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Thanks for the input

<beware moaning ahead>

It's been 4 months (wrist to elbow issues - right worse than left) - probably made it worse the first month, had 3 months rest - no weights at all for the last 2.. too much damn cardio

I have been seeing a physio and had a demon course of acupunture the last 3 weeks, alongside stretching and now resistance exercises (2kg wrist flexion downwards to stretch it .. woop) - she said I could try careful weights again as long as no wrist flexion but nope ..flaring pain on right side

am peeved

(there is a stronger word but there aren't enough asterisks for how I'm feeling)

I have something similar on the right hand, work related unfortunately. I had to practically become left handed at work to finally feel better, but there are still some moves that hurt, one year later. According to my dr, it can take years when it gets to this stage - but like I said, in my case it was not exercise induced, it was work related so harder to prevent, and harder to take a complete break. What I was told is that I should avoid anythign that hurts, but feel free to do anything that does not cause pain. So, in my case, this means that I cannot use the computer mouse with my right hand, and I cannot perform some moves requiring rotating motions , like stirring food with a spoon when cooking or whisking eggs, but I am perfectly fine doing a bench press, as long as I am careful about form - actually I have turned to dumbbells mostly, because it is easier for me to control the motion and form on each hand independently. Maybe experiment a bit with different moves? Obviously with very light weights at first.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Thanks for the input

<beware moaning ahead>

am peeved

I have something similar on the right hand, work related unfortunately. I had to practically become left handed at work to finally feel better, but there are still some moves that hurt, one year later. According to my dr, it can take years when it gets to this stage - but like I said, in my case it was not exercise induced, it was work related so harder to prevent, and harder to take a complete break. What I was told is that I should avoid anythign that hurts, but feel free to do anything that does not cause pain. So, in my case, this means that I cannot use the computer mouse with my right hand, and I cannot perform some moves requiring rotating motions , like stirring food with a spoon when cooking or whisking eggs, but I am perfectly fine doing a bench press, as long as I am careful about form - actually I have turned to dumbbells mostly, because it is easier for me to control the motion and form on each hand independently. Maybe experiment a bit with different moves? Obviously with very light weights at first.

I have a similar situation with my wrist. Chronically inflamed tendon from injury coupled with overuse. After that, it pained me all the time despite resting and decreasing my workload.

My road to recovery was a period of complete rest from those movements and eliminating inflammatory foods from my diet.

• Sued0nim
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Thanks for the input

<beware moaning ahead>

am peeved

I was ok with dumbbell rows, but the machine weighted squats which I thought would be fine, as it seemed a neutral grip, weren't...I'm going to see what happens with my trainer and then I may need to take another break

It's my mouse arm, perhaps I need to compensate at work

So frustrating, thanks all for your input ...patience is required I see
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I have been off the courts since July with tennis elbow. I used to play daily, can't tell you how much I miss it. I had to stop "swiping" altogether to allow it to heal. (Almost there). No iPhone, no ipad, only keyboarding allowed. I'm pretty interested in that cortisone shot.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Something as easily/unavoidably irritated like wrist and elbows...it can be a really long time. If not forever. I've been dealing with my wrist/elbow issues for almost 2 years now. It's better but I have to wear wrist braces/wraps frequently and I use elbow sleeves and compression cuffs. Lots of exercise modification too. And it still isn't 100%. But that's life. And I'm 13 years younger than you.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Had mri done have achilles insertional tendonitis ..its been two years still not 100%