What does your typical diary look like...

Options
So in the past I lost a good amount of weight.. And just like everyone else, I gained a majority of it all back. Since that time I've tried miscellaneous diets but to no avail, nothing has been worth sticking too.. I've decided to go back to my old ways but looking for new diet plans to follow. So my question: what does your typical diary look like? Have any good meal suggestions?

I'm also looking for some additional motivation, so send over some friend requests!

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Have you tried making your own diet plan using foods that you like to eat and not using foods that you don't like to eat? You can adjust how much of each you eat to fit your chosen macros and calorie goal.

If you eat what you normally eat, in smaller portions, then you can keep doing that when you have reached your goal weight so that maintenance is just like weight loss but with a bit more calories.

Only make changes that you are willing to stick with forever. As an example, if you liked both fried chicken and baked chicken, you could eat the baked chicken more often than the fried.

Small but still satisfying changes are more sustainable in the long term.
  • CactusFlower527
    CactusFlower527 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you friend me, you can look into my diary and see what a typical day looks like - for the past 8 weeks. I've lost about 16 lbs (234 down to 217.7) - gone from a TIGHT size 18 to a size 16. There are lots of diet plans you can follow, but the best one is the one that you can easily follow. I eat almost all of the same food I've always eaten, just smaller portions and trying to reel in the "sweets" , junk food, and restaurant/fast food. I agree with "Replies" when they say to try making your own diet plan using foods that you like to eat. If you can squeeze in a 30 minute walk every day, that will help a lot too.
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    betthann wrote: »
    So in the past I lost a good amount of weight.. And just like everyone else, I gained a majority of it all back. Since that time I've tried miscellaneous diets but to no avail, nothing has been worth sticking too.. I've decided to go back to my old ways but looking for new diet plans to follow. So my question: what does your typical diary look like? Have any good meal suggestions?

I'm also looking for some additional motivation, so send over some friend requests!

I've lost 34 pounds and have another 25 to go. Diets NEVER worked for me. What I did was change my eating habits. I focus on fresh foods and I avoid processed foods. I found new light recipes. I also made exercise a steady habit (~5 days a week).

Let me know how I can help. Good luck.

Kevin
  • AshleighCRose
    AshleighCRose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Like you I lost a lot of weight & gained it all back doing fad diets. I truly wish I'd listened to the people who told me "fad diets don't work" before i tried them. I ate McDonalds today so omg you probably really don't want to look at mine but i hope to improve as I'm only starting changing my habits. I love my fitness pal because i think the best part is getting to look at other peoples food diaries