Goal outfit

Options
So I used to have a goal dress that I always wanted to get back into, but never thought I would. I give my clothes to goodwillevery year and gave away all my skinny clothes except for this 1 dress. Well I can now fit into it. (Its actually just a little too big!) So should I go buy a new "goal" outfit? I think I may go buy a size 8 dress. My goal dress was a 12 and I can fit in a 10. Does anyone else do this or am I crazy?

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. While I don't have a goal outfit, I do have a bunch of clothes from 2 summers ago that I'm fitting into now :)
  • Section117_Zolos
    Options
    I do - I have a tee shirt that my husband bought that is my goal shirt. I have it hanging in my closet to remind me of what I'm doing. :)
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Oh there are lots of stuff that I wore for a short period of time that I'd love to fit into again!!
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    You are not alone! I have a whole closet full of clothes that I refuse to give up because I WILL wear them again lol. I'm thinking though, maybe I should go down to a goal outfit....it would leave a lot more room in my closet.....
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of old clothes I'm hoping to eventually fit into, but I do have this one pair of jeans that I'm dying to wear! They were almost $100 (a gift) and it gives that much more motivation to get use out of them.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I definately have a goal outfit... it's the wedding dress I had custom made but didn't get to wear because I ended up being 20 weeks pregnant at the wedding (one year engagement). As soon as it fits again, we're taking new "wedding" pictures... with our daughter as the flower girl we didn't have at the original.

http://jupitermoon3.com/wedding-kate-2008.html
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I had all of my prepregnancy clothes as my goal outfits. Now, they are all huge! I had to try on 4 pair of pants the other day before I found ones that fit. Turns out, a 4 fits and 4's are too big. Who knew that could happen! So now, I have to buy lots of new clothes to wear. But, no, you are NOT crazy. If doing that helps you stay motivated, then my all means, buy away.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I haven't given away any of my skinny clothes because I know I will fit back into them!!! I love all my clothes and can't part with them. lol

I definitely have goal outfits. I would love to buy a Lily Pulitzer dress and Mischka or Blahnik heels to wear for my college graduation. It's in one year so I have time to lose lbs!! (and earn some extra money)
  • Kalbright79
    Options
    I have several outfits myself that I want to fit back into also!!

Hey - Godroxmysox - how do you get the side by side photos on your signature??
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I definitely have this -- a pair of jeans AND a little black dress. I think whatever works for motivation is great!
  • jill5280
    jill5280 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I definately have a goal outfit... it's the wedding dress I had custom made but didn't get to wear because I ended up being 20 weeks pregnant at the wedding (one year engagement). As soon as it fits again, we're taking new "wedding" pictures... with our daughter as the flower girl we didn't have at the original.

http://jupitermoon3.com/wedding-kate-2008.html

My husband and I are going to do that except that we are having our larger wedding clothes tailored and going to go have professional portraits made (we didn't have a professional photographer at our wedding 2 yrs ago.)
  • atabt
    atabt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    As you can see from my goals in my signature I am trying to fit into my leather pants from a few years ago. I love them and they are hanging in my closet. I still can't get one leg into them (don't go past my thigh) but I am definitely motivated.

The only thing is that back then (when they fit me) I had no muscles!! So if I get to my goal weight and they still don't fit me because I am SO BUFF, then I promised myself I will buy a new pair LOL!

Yes, I definitely think you should buy a new dress if you are changing your goals to continue to lose. Otherwise if you are ready to maintain then hell, buy a whole new wardrobe!!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I have already shrunk out of any cool clothes i ever owned, including my awesome leather pants that I loved. I'm working on coming up with something new now ;) I've been tanning and doing yoga in the yard in a speedo-style bathing suit to soak up the rays, but I'd love to have the confidence to rock it at the pool doing laps without being self-conscious...
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have several outfits myself that I want to fit back into also!!

Hey - Godroxmysox - how do you get the side by side photos on your signature??

I made them smaller in photobucket and then added the "img" link into my signature =)
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time. For me my weight has been all over the place for the past 2 years that I have a whole range of sizes in my closet. Here lately I have been picking a shirt, pants, or outfit that I want to fit in and make it my goal for the week and I always hang it where I can see it all the time. It really is a motivation for me!
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I will ever be able to fit in it completely. But I still have my junior prom dress that I never got to wear to prom. A year ago it was snug but fit me, now I can't zip it. It's like a size 0 or 1 or something. I'm 22 now. If it never fits me again I'll give it to my little sister eventually.
  • SweetPerfection
    Options
    I threw away most of my old clothes a week ago, so I don't really have smaller things. But I do have a size 5 jeans that I can button, but they are uncomfortably tight. Oh, I did pick up two small crop tops and a size small cute ruffle top. They fit but my love handles still stick out.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    By the way, if you think it'll help keep you motivated, I'd buy something cute but smaller to work towards again!