What happened to my size 7?... oh yeah, that was 10 years a

Options
:smile: Somehow I "found" about 30 extra pounds in the last 10 years and I want to unfind it!!!!! How did this happen!!!? I love food and love to eat for one. Quit smoking and noticed that I eat since I don't smoke. No one told me that metabolism would DISAPPEAR after menopause!!!!! Definately helps to keep track of every calorie (did you know that tiny piece of cinnamon candy has 23 calories!!??) Back into exercising regularly since I found Namaste Yoga and love it.

Three down, 27 to go! Positive attitude and encouragement from others will help... ;-) Once it's gone, how to KEEP it off??? aaarrrgh...

Replies

• ktmcqueen
    ktmcqueen Posts: 81
    Options
    I totally understand how you feel on "finding" extra lbs! I gained alot of weight when I was pregnant but since then I "found" like 45 more lbs. Just keep pushing for your goals. As for keeping it off, i think you have to maintain your calories that you are at when you get to your goal weight. That's just from my understandings. If you need another mfp add me! Good luck with your journey!
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Quitting to smoke also majorly slowed down my metabolism. I did NOT start eating when I quit and still, the pounds keep piling on.
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Here is some more about the metabolism and smoking issue:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/quit-smoking/AN01437

They say it returns to normal, but I have read somewhere else that it goes beyond that. I don't think people who pick up smoking lose weight - which would be the case otherwise. If you gain 10 pounds after you quit -- I don't think people lose 10 pounds when they start :-)