One meal a day water fasting method

Options
Is it a bad idea to eat a 300-400 calorie breakfast with a cup of coffee and water for the rest of the day. Will drinkin the water prevent you from slowing your metabolism down. What if I did that every two days will that help me lose weight?

Also anyone know any good 100 calorie meals that can full your stomach without leaving you malnourished

Replies

• Vlo143
    Vlo143 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am not sure but it would be fun to try
  • Tammysueless
    Tammysueless Posts: 166
    Options
    Lets face it...at 100 cals a day you just arn't gonna get much nutrition. But even at that, to fast every few days (unless you have health issues) isn't gonna hurt you or slow your metabolisim. It would take several days of not eating enough calories to slow it down.:smile:
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    95 lbs? how tall are you?
  • Ginagee71
    Ginagee71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When you start eating correctly again you will gain back the weight you lose, try find a blog or topic on starvation mode.
  • jessp687
    jessp687 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    95 lbs? how tall are you?

4ft and 10

I was 95 before having two kids
  • elizabethdemulder
    Options
    Yes it's a bad idea. Only consuming 300-400 calories a day is starvation. If you want to lose weight that's great, but starving yourself will only produce short term weight loss. When that weight comes back, it comes back with a vengenace. Also, if I'm reading your ticker correctly you only weigh 122 right now and are trying to get down to 95. Unless you are under 5 feet tall, this is not a healthy or attractive weight for anyone.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    No I don't see that as being a healthy way to live. I can see doing a program with one or two meals and one or two protein shakes a day - protein shakes being 25grams or more of protein so you get the nutrition you need plus 64oz of water.

You have to give your body fuel to burn or it burns muscle and you want to burn fat (if you have any) and build lean muscle so proteim, fiber, water and the rest are a must!

Best of Luck!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good way to mess up your metabolism - kinda crash diet-y. My advice, for what it's worth, is to just take it slow and work the MFP plan. Your body will be happier, and I would think you'd be much more successful. Nothing works like regular exercise and reasonable daily nutrition.
  • jessp687
    Options
    Yes it's a bad idea. Only consuming 300-400 calories a day is starvation. If you want to lose weight that's great, but starving yourself will only produce short term weight loss. When that weight comes back, it comes back with a vengenace. Also, if I'm reading your ticker correctly you only weigh 122 right now and are trying to get down to 95. Unless you are under 5 feet tall, this is not a healthy or attractive weight for anyone.

Well I was definately more attractive at 95 and Im under 5ft thanks for the advice
  • jessp687
    Options
    thanks for the great advice ,
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Definitely a bad idea! Your body needs nutrients! Starving it only slows your metabolism and makes your body cling on to any fat you have! Please don't do this!
  • jessp687
    Options
    thanks a lot definately will not do this