Does anyone else have Hashimoto's?

Options
penpan
penpan Posts: 12 Member
Hi everyone! I have been dealing with this disease for 7 yrs. . I was just wondering if anyone else on here is dealing with the same thing. I would love to hear what is working for you.
Thanks

Replies

• miteyme
    miteyme Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have it too. I regularly lose wight using this app to help restrict my calorie intake, but so far it always creeps back on when I sop dieting. I suppose that is because taking thyroxine by tablet to remedy a diminishing but fluctuating bodily output, is not accurate enough. I am left feeling weak at times, hence the tendancy to cure my weakness with extra food! I get headaches and am bad tempered when I diet. I too am motivated to become healthier, and would love to get any hashimoto friendly tips.
  • mwallace04
    mwallace04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimotos and I have has great success with running and strength training! I tend to still get sleepy at times but usually if my schedule gets really busy. I also don't restrict calories as much as most people I have gone to eating vegetables and proteins. No carbs for dinner and meal prep every week! The app tells me how many calories I need to eat and i try to get as close to that number as possible and it seems to be working!
  • audimoonkat
    audimoonkat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also burdened with Hashimoto's symptoms. Hard to feel good, let alone feel good about self! I've found some supplements that help and avoiding SUGAR is KEY for me. But it's a daily struggle and I hold on to weight like a 5 year old holds onto a puppy! :|