Please help a brother out!

Options
hello! So I am 8 days in and a little concerned (or naive) Im 62 kgs and looking to lose 5kg. I've cut all soft drink As I was drinking a tonne and am only drinking water. I have celiac as well and am self conscious of a bigger tummy. I have been eating gluten free! This app recommended 1200 calories per day, but im always slightly going over and I'm finding it difficult to be motivated to excercise due to being so tired after work and lazy! Feel like I've made such a big difference but don't feel or see it? Am I being impatient? Any advice for this is so appreciated :)

Replies

• TheopolisAmbroiseIII
    Options
    What is your goal weight loss set to in your goals section? At 62kg and with only 5kg to lose, you should probably aim for 1 or even 1/2 a lb per week.

• misssammyrusso
    misssammyrusso Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response.. Yes it's 1/2 lb per week. I went from drinking barely any water to 2.4 Ltrs a day. No reduction on scales at all, slight increase... It's a little disappointing
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Am I being impatient? :)

Yes.

Give it at least another week.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and accurately and carefully logging all food that you eat? Choosing MFP entries with care and double checking?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes - too impatient.

"Lazy" isn't a great indicator of long term success. If you struggle to find time to exercise then try and build as much activity into your daily life as possible.

Drinking more water doesn't cause weight loss.

Make your weight loss phase as sustainable and as similar to how to plan to maintain your goal weight as possible would be my advice.
  • misssammyrusso
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys. Feeling much better today. Everyone's journey is their own !
  • PaulBonham
    PaulBonham Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Give it time, I know that's easy to say, and I'm dreading the first weigh-in where I haven't lost anything, but it will work.

I know that it can be hard to motivate yourself to exercise, but if you can it really does help your energy levels. I was in the habit of getting home and just vegging in front of the TV, but now I just want to do something. If you can't get yourself to a gym, just go for a 20 minute walk. I'm doing that every lunchtime and it really makes a difference. I use the mapmywalk app and have linked it to myfitnesspal, so you get credit for your effort. I feel that it also helps my digestion if I walk after I've eaten. It's also a nice break if you can put some music on your headphones and switch off from work for a little while.

Good luck!
  • misssammyrusso
    Options
    Thanks Paul for the encouragement. Know what your saying. I think I feel a sense of entitle ment for just cutting out the drinks, but it's becoming clear that I will also need to move more! Goodluck with it all :)
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    give it time. how tall are you that you want to lose weight at 62kg?
  • misssammyrusso
    Options
    161cm. Not very, not just to lose weight, but to feel healthier!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    BMI is high normal. I'm striving for that. You may want to set your weight loss to one half pound a week/or just maintenance, keep off the sugar drinks and start a light body weight exercise program.

Merely suggestions
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    hello! So I am 8 days in and a little concerned (or naive) Im 62 kgs and looking to lose 5kg. I've cut all soft drink As I was drinking a tonne and am only drinking water. I have celiac as well and am self conscious of a bigger tummy. I have been eating gluten free! This app recommended 1200 calories per day, but im always slightly going over and I'm finding it difficult to be motivated to excercise due to being so tired after work and lazy! Feel like I've made such a big difference but don't feel or see it? Am I being impatient? Any advice for this is so appreciated :)

I would recommend, to eat to maintain your weight.
    then every day try to burn 500 calories. you'll lose 1lb per week.

1200 calories are to low and very hard to maintain. Eat more to have more energy, and you'll be motivated to do more.

Eat gluten, only a very few people are truly need to be gluten free
  • misssammyrusso
    Options
    I can't eat gluten. I'm celiac, it's not fun lol. Was diagnosed 6 years ago after an endoscopy.
    More calories sounds good though :)
  • misssammyrusso
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    BMI is high normal. I'm striving for that. You may want to set your weight loss to one half pound a week/or just maintenance, keep off the sugar drinks and start a light body weight exercise program.

Merely suggestions

Thank you
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You can always exercise on the weekends. Find something you love and stick to that. Maybe hiking, biking, boxing burns tons of calories, swimming, lifting heavy stuff. You don't have to be stuck in a gym doing the same thing all the time, which IMO gets boring and turns into a chore. Work with your schedule and habits, not against them, to get the best long term results. Oh, and practice lots and lots of patience!!
  • javarob66
    javarob66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Yes - too impatient.

"Lazy" isn't a great indicator of long term success. If you struggle to find time to exercise then try and build as much activity into your daily life as possible.

Drinking more water doesn't cause weight loss.

Make your weight loss phase as sustainable and as similar to how to plan to maintain your goal weight as possible would be my advice.

The above is a nice response. I think you would be strange if you weren't too impatient. Get yourself an activity tracker. It will help you measure your movement from one day to the next. Many are really inexpensive. It helps you keep your mind on the goal. You will start finding ways to add steps like parking further away and taking a stroll for lunch. Don't stress and don't quit trying!