*closed group* Flab to Fab 3, Part 2!

Options

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I am up for another group and I can help out with the spreadsheet. I am not great with it but I have excel on my spreadsheet at home so once we get it set up it would be easy for me to help track things.

Maybe we can add in group goals- For example, maybe set a mileage to achieve as a group. Say week 1 we as a group try to run/walk 50 miles (just a random number). That may motivate people to push a little harder or farther since they would be responsible not only to themselves but to the who group as well. I also really like when we did the postitive thought of the day challege, maybe we can do more mental challenges (postive thoughts, inspiration quotes etc.) to help keep our minds in the right frame of mind.

I love those ideas Dani!

I don't mind inputting the data, I just have no idea how to do formula's and stuff on Excel.

I think a group targer would be fun! =)

Mental is my problem right now! So that would be great to work out.
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Kerri,
    I am up for anything!!!! Let me know how I can help!! I love the group idea with in the group! We could have team names and goals and check-ins...! I love being part of this group, it has reallllly helped me stay on track and I have met so many wonderful and inspiring individuals =) Thank you all! Thank you Kerri for taking the time to make a spreadsheet. Maybe in the smaller group you wouldn't have to make one. We could just post our own results weekly.... Just a thought! Hope you all are all having a great summer =)

BEACH IN 13 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Let me know how I can help too!

I'm sure I'm going to need some *extra* work when I come back from my bday vacation. LOL. My final weigh in may be in trouble. ;)

Thank you Kerri for ALL of your hard work. You are the bestest! I'm sure our next group will be smaller!

Dani - your ideas sound GREAT. I think that would be fun.

Tash - BEACH! YAY! :) I'm excited for you! Lol.
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Me too me too! I lovvve our group and honestly it has helped me ALOT! I appreciate all of you :)

And Kerri , you kick *kitten* for putting us together and keeping us all going. Such a BIG responsibility and you have been wonderful :happy: I'm so glad I met you on here (and I can't even remember How we met on here! Lol)

I'm an excel whizzzzz (no really! I am! ;) haha I'm glad to help with formulas and anything you need. I do that stuff for work all the time so its no big deal.

I love all the other ideas too! I love the mental challenges/inspiration , doing measurements (helps us realize we actuallty Are shrinking!) , and weekly goals and weekend pacts. I love the idea of doing a group goal too! I've seen some cool ones on here for # of miles or steps or reps of whatever excercise. Lots of cool options and the overarching group goal would push us all.

I'll keep thinking about sommme other ideas.

I hope everyone is having a great week!!!
    I am up for another group and I can help out with the spreadsheet. I am not great with it but I have excel on my spreadsheet at home so once we get it set up it would be easy for me to help track things.

Maybe we can add in group goals- For example, maybe set a mileage to achieve as a group. Say week 1 we as a group try to run/walk 50 miles (just a random number). That may motivate people to push a little harder or farther since they would be responsible not only to themselves but to the who group as well. I also really like when we did the postitive thought of the day challege, maybe we can do more mental challenges (postive thoughts, inspiration quotes etc.) to help keep our minds in the right frame of mind.

I love those ideas Dani!

I don't mind inputting the data, I just have no idea how to do formula's and stuff on Excel.

I think a group targer would be fun! =)

Mental is my problem right now! So that would be great to work out.
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'd like to stick around also..I've got that toning thing to still work on. Hopefully I'll be able to be more consistant in following the challenges...and that I won't get injured 2/3 of the way in again!

Kerri--I still owe you my measurements. The leg ones are going to be my problem since I shouldn't have all my weight on my bad foot yet. I'll have to see how I can work on getting the measurements...
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have very much LOVED being apart of this challenge. I apologize for my lack of posting lately. For that reason, I don't think I will participate in the next challenge. With summertime being here, I will be up north a lot and I don't feel like I'd be a good contributor to the group. This group has been so helpful to me!! I may still occasionally stalk the new group :bigsmile:

I have been slacking on the exercising big time. Lukas and I always get out for a 2-3 mile walk, I'm still carrying him. So I burn between 200-300 calories. But I haven't been doing anything else, aside from The Factory Gym once a week. I need to get back into that so I can see bigger numbers!!

I will be checking in with my weight tomorrow, then we're having a BBQ at our house that night and then heading up north until next Friday. So I will only be on my phone app. I hope all of you ladies have a kick butt weekend and week next week!!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for all the responses!

Becky--you are going to be taken up on the Excel help!!! =)

If you guys want to send me a message (PM) whether you want to participate in the next challenge that'd be great! I'll start writing down names.. We still have a couple weeks left of this one though!!!!!!!! =)

If you've got good, specific ideas for the next challenge (specifically physical ones) I'll start making notes!

<3 you all!!
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!! So happy today with my weight loss. I'm down 3.96 lbs this week. :bigsmile:
    I'm also in for the next challenge. We are opening our trailer for the year this weekend so I will be away most weekends all summer but will be able to weigh in on fridays and keep in touch through the week. Our group has been so helpful and motivational to me (& many of us) I can't even explain how much. Our group will most likely be smaller this summer but we will be there for each other and motivate each other to push through. Summer is the toughest for me and I'll need your support to get me through it.
    One challenge that might be fun is a pedometer challenge (I think someone else mentioned it). We've been doing it at work and we have walked across Canada and are now on our way back. I'll try to come up with something else as well.
    I've also met my goal that I just reset 2 weeks ago. Looks like I need a new goal for the end of the challenge.

3/25 137.7 lbs
    4/8 141.4 lbs
    4/15 141.4 lbs
    4/21 139.7 lbs
    4/29 141.9 lbs
    5/6 141.6 lbs
    5/13 143 lbs
    5/20 143.4 lbs
    5/27 142.3 lbs
    6/3 141.68 lbs
    6/10 137.72 lbs

Goal for challenge 130 lbs
    Reset goal 5/27 to 137 lbs GOAL MET!! 6/10
    Reset goal 6/10 to 135 lbs
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!

BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!! Phew! Im up the walls with work this week and it was all last minute stuff so my workout plan has been sabotaged to no end!! I work freelance so I get calls to work at the drop of a hat!
    Anyhoo, my weigh in this week, Im down 1.8lbs to 153 :)
    Happy enough with this. Im off to Lanzarote tomorrow!!!! Cant wait!!!!!!!! Whoop! :)

Also would love to be part of the next group and when Im back from hols my routine will settle back down and I'll have more time to focus on myself again and work with all of you guys :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

:)
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy to report I'm down to 165.6 this week!

I am really hoping I will get in enough exercise up north to combat some of the damage I will do this next week though! My husband and I will both be up there, but my Grandma (we stay with her) is giving us money to do her grocery shopping while we're up there so I hope to make some good choices there and limit the alcohol and smores haha.

I will join everyone in a weekend pact, but mine is going to be to simply drink a ton of water and workout daily. My weekend pact will transfer on into next week too haha. I'm taking our laptop up so I can get in a morning workout. Going to try to do Insanity so I can burn as much as possible :bigsmile:

Have a great weekend and week next week guys! I'll try to check in from time to time on a computer, or my phone internet.
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Back up again....I'm never going to get this. I can't make myself get a routine. I just want to accept the fact this is the best I'm going to look.

Week 1 (4/01) - 162.6
    Week 2 (4/08) - 162.2
    Week 3 (4/15) - 157.6
    Week 4 (4/22) - 157.8
    Week 5 (4/29) - 159.0
    Week 6 (5/06) - 160.2
    Week 7 (5/13) - 160.4
    Week 8 (5/20) - 164.4
    Week 9 (5/27) - 159.4
    Week 10 (6/3) -
    Week 11 (6/10) - 164
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Gained a pound back....and that was overnight too. I weighed myself yesterday morning and I had maintained, today I was up a pound. I'm guessing some muscle weight as I'm sore from my workout yesterday, plus I *think* TOM is coming. I'm so off schedule with this IUD, that I have no idea. But I did blow up at someone earlier this week, and I had really bad cramps last week, which was my lead in the last time (cramps really early), so I'm thinking it is coming.

Can't wait to see everyone's loses this week!
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies! I have been SUCKING this challenge! School and work have been so incredibly insane I have been making every excuse not to work hard!

Here are my embarrassing stats but I promise next week I am kicking it into gear! I have one more month to drop these pounds!

Week 1 (4/01) - 137
    Week 2 (4/08) - 136.6
    Week 3 (4/15) - 136.5
    Week 4 (4/22) - 137.6
    Week 5 (4/29) - 136.6
    Week 6 (5/06) - 138.5
    Week 7 (5/13) - 137.3
    Week 8 (5/20) - 137.8
    Week 9 (5/27) - 137.5
    Week 10 (6/3) - 140.0 (memorial day week and finals)
    Week 11 (6/10) -140.0

I am trying to maintain (at starting weight of 137) or stay around 136-138.

So, my goal for the challenge is to end at 136!

Here is the plan!

Sat: Biggest Loser Cardio Max
    Sun: 90 minute walk
    Mon: 60 min treadmill and spin, upper body
    Tues: 60 min treadmill and elliptical, lower body
    Wed: Rest - 30 min walk
    Thurs: 3.2 mile run outside
    Fri: weigh in and Biggest Loser Cardio Max

Thanks everyone for standing by me even though I'm struggling!

-Diana
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    4/1: 170.8
    4/8: 169.0
    4/15: 167.0
    4/22: 168.0
    4/29: 166.8
    5/6: 164.6
    5/13: 164.6
    5/20: 163.8
    5/27: 163.8
    6/3: 161.0
    6/10: 160.2

I was hoping for a little more but am extremely happy with this number. I weighed myself on a different scale last week so I didn't know what to expect this week. I have hit 10+ plus for this challenge and am only 0.3 away from my goal for this challenge (which was 159.9). I am really excited to have gotten past my 165 hurdle. That is where I usually get stuck and I did spend almost a month stuck around there. My mom has started to try to lose some weight and that has motivated me to keep going to help support her on her journey.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Forgot to add my weekend pact for this weekend. I only have 2 goals for this weekend.
    1) Drink at least 88 oz of water daily
    2) Be active (300 minutes of intentional activity)
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    To the most amazing challenge group ever!!!
    I have been so out of the loop due to vacations, no routine, and simply, laziness!!! I am embarrassed by my weight gain, but. Am not giving up. I refuse to keep these extra pounds and my weight loss goal is still 150. Once I began to see success, it's like I sabotaged myself and gave up. I treated weight loss like a sprint,not a marathon. It may take me another six months to lose this weight effectively, and I am up for the challenge. Thank you all for being so amazing...

I am not defined by my weight. I am not defined by my dress size.

*lifestyle change.*
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    To the most amazing challenge group ever!!!
    I have been so out of the loop due to vacations, no routine, and simply, laziness!!! I am embarrassed by my weight gain, but. Am not giving up. I refuse to keep these extra pounds and my weight loss goal is still 150. Once I began to see success, it's like I sabotaged myself and gave up. I treated weight loss like a sprint,not a marathon. It may take me another six months to lose this weight effectively, and I am up for the challenge. Thank you all for being so amazing...

I am not defined by my weight. I am not defined by my dress size.

*lifestyle change.*

All that matters is that you are still trying and that you want to be healthier. I think the statement about trying to make it a sprint instead of a marathon is so true for many of us. This is the first time in my life that I have loss weight slowly and am living a lifestyle that should allow me to maintain it. It is tough to change habits. Just keep working at it and you will figure out what works for you.

I love your attitude "I am not defined by my weight, I am not defined by my dress size." I think too many people go into this just to look good in a bathing suit and would give anything to be small. I think once you realize it is about feeling good about yourself and being able to do things that you couldn't do before it is easier to see success other than a number on the scale. I think weight loss just needs to be a side effect of a healthier lifestyle, instead of the focus of the journey.
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am proud to be a part of this challenge with you girls! :)<3 you ALL! :)

My weigh in for the week ...

4/1 135.5
    4/8 128
    4/15 132.6
    4/22 132.6
    4/29 131
    5/6 131.4
    5/13 129.2
    5/20 129.4
    5/27 128.6
    6/3 126.6

6/10 125.4

I can NOT believe I have lost a little over 10 lbs with this challenge! Woo-hooooo! I'm only 5.4 lbs away from my birthday goal but I'm ok! We shall see what I can do in the next week!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am proud to be a part of this challenge with you girls! :)<3 you ALL! :)

My weigh in for the week ...

4/1 135.5
    4/8 128
    4/15 132.6
    4/22 132.6
    4/29 131
    5/6 131.4
    5/13 129.2
    5/20 129.4
    5/27 128.6
    6/3 126.6

6/10 125.4

I can NOT believe I have lost a little over 10 lbs with this challenge! Woo-hooooo! I'm only 5.4 lbs away from my birthday goal but I'm ok! We shall see what I can do in the next week!

YEAH!!!!!!! VEGAS here you come!!!!!!!!!!!!! So impressed...you inspire me to work harder and keep pushing for 125!!!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in is 129.2 = down .6