Weight Watchers drop out!

Options
Hey all, I just realized that I've paid the $49 a month to weight watchers for over 3 years and weigh almost exactly what I did when I joined (for the fifth time!). I'm not dissing their program, just wasn't working for me. Thought I'd save the dough and come on over to myfitnesspal. So excited to actually calculate calories, protein, etc. based on what's best for me! I'm 54, live in California, and love red wine! Hope you all have a terrific day - stop in and say hi!

Replies

• supriyak2
    supriyak2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had also joined weight watchers for nearly a year. I lost about 10 lbs and gained back 6lbs. I decided to quit and join mfp and try to lose weight by myself. I have to lose 60 lbs to reach my goal. I live in California too. Wishing you luck in your journey.
  • megpal24
    megpal24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried weight watchers and lost 7lbs. I didn't like it, I seemed to always go over points because I was so hungry on it. I guess I just didn't know what foods to eat besides vegetables because they were 0 points! Welcome
  • aholowka1
    aholowka1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I to have done weight watchers, like 3 times. I did loose weight on it but would always gain it back. Many others have had great success and kept it off. I just feel like there cannot be a single solution to everyone's problems. I think different things work for different people. Finding what works for you is a challenge sometimes though I know. I do feel however there is more to it than counting calories and doing squats. I think you have to you have to incorporate your mind along with your body makeover or no matter what you try it will never work.

I also live in California, in the Santa Clarita Valley. Love it!

Good luck in meeting your goals!
  • RuthH64
    RuthH64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all.....ditto for me also. On again/off again, lose weight/gain weight! Maybe that is my trouble, I need to incorporate my mind more...here is to trying MFP (for free) and hoping this time around works
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    WW did not help me at all. I would go a few times then never return. I have been on her 3 years and love my friends who support and encourage me. I don't care if I never hit goal as long as I am alive and trying!
  • ybeadgirl
    ybeadgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    aholowka1 wrote: »
    Hello there! I to have done weight watchers, like 3 times. I did loose weight on it but would always gain it back. Many others have had great success and kept it off. I just feel like there cannot be a single solution to everyone's problems. I think different things work for different people. Finding what works for you is a challenge sometimes though I know. I do feel however there is more to it than counting calories and doing squats. I think you have to you have to incorporate your mind along with your body makeover or no matter what you try it will never work.

• ybeadgirl
    ybeadgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ybeadgirl wrote: »
    aholowka1 wrote: »

• LadyJ76
    LadyJ76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm embarrassed to say how many times I've joined WW. The first couple of times, in between babies, it worked well. However since they changed to the new program it has never worked for me. At the most I lost 5lbs and would continue to gain and lose it. I'm hopeful that MFP will work, plus it's free. I wish you much success.
  • WantABodyLikeBey
    WantABodyLikeBey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad someone posted this topic. I always go to weight watchers thinking I'm going to lose and end up paying and not logging. Everyone on their message boards are rude and insensitive (God forbid you admit you messed up once!) I'm so happy here with myfitnesspal! Made lots of great friends and have been tracking everything! Feel free to add me as I have an open diary and love commenting
  • justkim20132013
    justkim20132013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I thought I've been doing everything right and have gained 5 lbs...... Instead of devouring an entire bag of York Peppermint Patties, I'm going to up the cardio, add weights back in, (I think I have really slacked off!) and just do better. I was 54 in July, still having some kind of periods. Am ready to jump off the roof haha! Just need a little virtual hug ..... Thank you all for posting!
  • TracyinPA
    TracyinPA Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I’ve done Weight Watchers in the past and have been very successful.. however this past time around I ended up gaining 6 lbs over the 6 months I was OP. I finally went to my doctor for blood tests (which came back normal) because I was so concerned about my lack of weight loss.. and he told me to stop WW… so I started MFP. I’m not sure if all the restructuring of the program is really doing any good.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I joined Weight Watchers and the people were mean to me, because they said I did not have that much to lose. I also asked questions about how many calories were in the allotted points, but was told to trust the system. I overate the free fruits and vegetables and did not lose a thing. On MFP I have lost 50 lbs.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I think you will find that the MFP app is better than the WW app. Also the boards on MFP get alot more direct answers to questions. Oh and the peeps are fun!
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am 53, 4'11" and live in San Diego.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I converted from WW to MFP around 50 days ago - and It's been SO much better here :)
    Best of luck.
  • LindaEmrys
    LindaEmrys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I converted from WW to MFP around 50 days ago - and It's been SO much better here :)
    Best of luck.

I converted from WW to MFP recently too! I have to agree, MFP is so much better!
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to have stumbled upon this post. I joined WW last august and have lost only 6lbs. I've think I've gained and lost the same 10lbs over and over again. I was frustrated with WW and the cost so, I opted to go on my own with MFP. I'm 4'11" and it seems every pound is amplified. I'm setting my macros at 40/30/30 with 1200 calories. Please feel free to friend me to help share this journey and the food diaries. I'm having a hard time getting in all my carbs. How is everyone eating?
  • Jul1019
    Jul1019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WW has never worked for me because I just wasn't in the right mind set...it was fun juggling points but my grazing continued....I'm hoping the accountability of actually documenting here what I intake and the effort I output will trigger me to stay on track...love the idea of having the support of other resistance challenged people!
  • myfitnesspalgal_2015
    Options
    TracyinNJ wrote: »
    I’ve done Weight Watchers in the past and have been very successful.. however this past time around I ended up gaining 6 lbs over the 6 months I was OP. I finally went to my doctor for blood tests (which came back normal) because I was so concerned about my lack of weight loss.. and he told me to stop WW… so I started MFP. I’m not sure if all the restructuring of the program is really doing any good.

Hi,

Why did your doctor advise you to stop WW
  • Sharoney123
    Sharoney123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also just cancelled my ww membership too! Been using mfp past few days and love it! Ww wirjs for some people not for me. I need more structure with mfp it tells me if i need more protein less carbs etc. Also hated the guilt and fear mongering at ww about how if you leave u will gain weight.