How to lose stubborn belly fat

Options
I have successfully get to my target weight: 5'4" and I weigh 110 lbs. after gaining too much during my pregnancy. My pre-pregnant weight was around 48 kgs and my pregnancy weight reached 65 kg. Right after giving birth, I weighed 57 kgs and for so many reasons, which I think I do not need to enumerate since they are just all excuses ;), I gained back to 63 kgs and until my daughter was around 3 years old that I started to become more aware of how I look.
That's the time I started exercising and watched what I eat and to make the long story short, after the long struggle, I finally got the weight I wanted. So now, for around 2 years, my BMI is in the lowest range of the ideal weight for women my height (5'4")...Unfortunately, even if I am in my ideal weight, i can still see belly fat and I've been struggling to burn it but to no avail. The rest of my body is ok, I guess, but on my belly, I can pinch a good 1.0-1.5 inches of fat around my belly button which is kinda of disgusting. My husband keeps on telling me that I am exercising too much. (But maybe he is just exaggerating it a little bit. :)

So please anyone out there who have/had the same experience and I beg for any suggestion on how to make this belly fat go away.

To give you an idea on my exercise and diet regimen, I am quiet good at it. I am sure I don't take more than my calorie requirement most of the time. Of course we have these occasions that make us indulge a little bit. But those occasions are maybe approximately 4 times a year.

And with my physical activity, I play tennis almost 6 days a week for approximately 1 hour and after that, I do cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope, mountain climber etc) and do planks (maximum I can do is 4 minutes at a time), do crunches. And for the last week, I went back to strength training which I used to do before I started playing tennis about 5 months ago because of time constraint, I can't do them both. But for one week now, I have to lessen my time in playing tennis to give time for strength training.

Oh my, this is long but that only shows how desperate I am to get rid of this belly fat.

I would really appreciate any suggestion you can give me. And thanks in advance.

Replies

• judbelete
    judbelete Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks a lot. this is really helpful
    let me apply these and see what's going to happen :)
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Mike Matthews did a youtube video on 'fasted training', saying it was particularly good for stubborn fat - something to do with different blood circulation in a fasted state. It's not an area I've really looked into nor tried, but might be worth investigating.

When I'm down to my stubborn fat I'll give a try.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    Mike Matthews did a youtube video on 'fasted training', saying it was particularly good for stubborn fat - something to do with different blood circulation in a fasted state. It's not an area I've really looked into nor tried, but might be worth investigating.

When I'm down to my stubborn fat I'll give a try.

You should investigate fasted training - tell me when you get to the part where it's roundly disputed as having any specific benefit :)
  • tonytiger1207
    tonytiger1207 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    id definitely agree with the core training, experiment with supersets and compound sets, but as stated youll lose fat all over in the process. Clean eating and plenty of protein is what the doctor ordered.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Look into a progressive lifting program such as SL 5x5.