euo7rthqqm1w.jpg
lhg7mr4gnt6c.jpg
5o3ibaspoc69.jpg
gorpfjegquu5.jpg
ukgyfhb45v0p.jpg
4b4vzlvwlog6.jpg
lb2gayefhae5.jpg
fzhc3318m1t3.jpg
I started my journey about a year ago, in this time I have managed to lose double my starting weight by doing a strict calorie counting diet! (Low fat high carb) not worked out much as have underactive thyroid and have a lack of energy but do try and walk a lot. I was always bullied at school for being the fat child and suffered serious depression for a number of years due to this, it lead me to comfort eat and one day I realised by doing this I was letting the bullies win! That's the day I decided to take control, only I decide what goes into my mouth! It's definitely true that maintaining is much harder than actually losing the weight as you need to find the balance, my weight hovers between 145 and 153 but aslong as I keep doing this I'll be happy! One word of advice, never let anyone put you down! The only person that has the right to judge you is yourself :)

Replies

• dlugo973
    dlugo973 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Wow. Congratulations. That is determination. Thanks for sharing.
  • amylshifflett
    amylshifflett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wow, that's great! Can you give a sample of what your diet entails typically?
  • jadesjourney15
    jadesjourney15 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    dlugo973 wrote: »

Thank you x
  • jadesjourney15
    jadesjourney15 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    On a normal day I will have a bowl of shredded wheat bite size with a cut up apple and skimmed milk for breakfast. Lunch is usually a dry jacket potato with a tin of tuna! Then for my supper I will have rice, noodles, pasta or potAtoes with chicken fish or turkey and veg. Hope this helps! I snack on fruit and fat free yogurt xx
  • aswanth4795
    aswanth4795 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    dlugo973 wrote: »

Wooooww...U are unbelievable...great self control..congratzzz
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic!!! :#
  • jmarchante24
    jmarchante24 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    9ooil3cro0ts.jpg
    2q245a7hrtdo.jpg
    wut3l9ug64d0.jpg
    euo7rthqqm1w.jpg
    lhg7mr4gnt6c.jpg
    5o3ibaspoc69.jpg
    gorpfjegquu5.jpg
    ukgyfhb45v0p.jpg
    4b4vzlvwlog6.jpg
    lb2gayefhae5.jpg
    fzhc3318m1t3.jpg
    I started my journey about a year ago, in this time I have managed to lose double my starting weight by doing a strict calorie counting diet! (Low fat high carb) not worked out much as have underactive thyroid and have a lack of energy but do try and walk a lot. I was always bullied at school for being the fat child and suffered serious depression for a number of years due to this, it lead me to comfort eat and one day I realised by doing this I was letting the bullies win! That's the day I decided to take control, only I decide what goes into my mouth! It's definitely true that maintaining is much harder than actually losing the weight as you need to find the balance, my weight hovers between 145 and 153 but aslong as I keep doing this I'll be happy! One word of advice, never let anyone put you down! The only person that has the right to judge you is yourself :)

You have definately won, You are truly inspiring to me to keep going and doing whats best for myself. :)
    thanks for sharing your story, I know exactly how it feels to be bullied and put down by others.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You and your friends in that dress is my favorite pic ever! Lol

You look so amazing for someone who doesn't work out much. Keep up the great work!
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My god! what a transformation. Well done! You are a star :smile:
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Congratulations!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations just don't seem adequate to express my admiration for your accomplishment!
  • adawson55510
    adawson55510 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow well done you look fantastic :)
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and SO much happier! What an amzaing transformation you've made! Congratulations!!!
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look fabulous! I love how happy you are in the "after" pictures.
  • cstew44
    cstew44 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! You Look Amazing!!!
  • rjivory
    rjivory Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Jades, thank you for sharing this! I am at a point where I am so discouraged and ready to give up. It seems that as soon as I make serious progress, life happens and I can't keep going for one reason or another. I needed to see this today. THANK YOU!
  • kfrandria
    kfrandria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazing, and you are a beautiful girl! I'm sure you will be an inspiration for a lot of people!
  • hcs00
    hcs00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You were pretty before and pretty after - great job getting healthy and happy!

I love before and afters like this where everything is in proportion still. I am very scared of skin issues later down the road.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Wow, your transformation is amazing :smiley: I love mostly how you "decided to take control". That is really what it comes down to. We can let others influence us, or we can take control of our OWN lives. You're an incredible, strong, fabulous woman!
  • redrosez4
    redrosez4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am blown away. Wow. Speechless.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!