Looking for friends who like to make gainz lol

Options
Currently on a cut. Started in the high 250s I've been at 200lbs for the past few months. Goal weight is at 185. Add me

Replies

• rnohou2010
    rnohou2010 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work and welcome to the boards! I'll send you a friend request.
  • mrnobodi95
    mrnobodi95 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nice Progress. I'm doing ICF 5x5's now while on a cut and gonna start my bulk when I'm at my goal weight. So I'm in this for the long haul haha.
  • DVCKz
    DVCKz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to learn how to make gains, but my workout routine doesn't seem to be adding muscle, but instead losing weight! I'm not complaining but I'd like to see more muscle than what's there. Hopefully you guys could refer me to a website/article/magazine to optimize my workout :)
  • mrnobodi95
    mrnobodi95 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    DVCKz wrote: »
    I would love to learn how to make gains, but my workout routine doesn't seem to be adding muscle, but instead losing weight! I'm not complaining but I'd like to see more muscle than what's there. Hopefully you guys could refer me to a website/article/magazine to optimize my workout :)

Well the thing is you can either lose fat or build muscle, not both at the same time. If you're at a calorie deficit while weight training, you'll build some muscle at first because your body might be untrained. After a while you'll pretty much be losing fat while maintaining as much muscle as possible, a lot of the time when people lose fat on just cardio they lose muscle as well. Either way the most important thing about weight training is consistency, doing the same workouts and progressing in weight when you can.