Couch to 5K and Tracking

Options
Hi, I'm Kelley and am fairly new to MFP. I have recently started the Couch to 5K program but don't know how to record it in my diary. Any thoughts? Or, does it even matter?

Thanks in advance for tips, pointers and/or encouragement!!!!

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I strongly encourage you to get an HRM so that you can get a more accurate account of the calories you burned, then you can create a new exercise and log how much time you spent and how many calories burned.
  • rmdemattia
    rmdemattia Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi Kelley, Welcome to MFP. I am not familiar with Couch to 5k. Could you tell me more about it?
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I concur on the HRM idea, and record it as C25K or Couch to 5K or how ever you want to do it. The HRM will be the best tool for keeping track of your calories and exercise time.
  • AAJoseph
    AAJoseph Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM! I wish you the best... I love the C2-5K program. Wishing you the best.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    A link to Couch to 5K: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I usually log mine as walking at whatever speed I averaged. I don't have an HRM yet, but I do use Cardio Trainer on my phone (and take that with me). Cardio Trainer tells me how far I went, how long it took, my average speed and it's idea of how many calories I burned based on my age, weight and effort. It also has a map of my run and some other interesting information.
  • kjfhg
    kjfhg Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks to all, I do have an HRM and will use it to record my calories burned.

Thanks!!!! Rock on and Run on!!!!