ideal weight ?

Options
What is the ideal weight for a woman 5"5 36 yrs.old?I use to weigh115-120 now I'm around 132-135.When I was 115-120 people would always ask me if I was eating I hated that!

Replies

• sweetart36
    Options
    What is the ideal weight for a woman 5"5 36 yrs.old?I use to weigh115-120 now I'm around 132-135.When I was 115-120 people would always ask me if I was eating I hated that!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I think the ideal weight is a healthy BMI (you caan do that on here under the tools section) where you feel comfortable with yourself. If you like how you look and you feel great, then that is healthy!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Did you read the other ideal weight post? SGFlyinHi is an great example of not getting to tied to a number. Not a number on the scale or BMI.

How do you feel at your current weight? Don't think about other people but look at how your body feels for you. For me I start to lose energy when I am not at a good weight.

Everyones ideal will be different because of build, muscle and how we carry our weight. I gain in my stomach. I come from a family of skinny arms & legs big stomachs. Not healthy, so for me it's a constant battle to work on.
  • MAJackson88
    Options
    I'm 5'2"' and I am to be at most, 135lbs.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas here!

3 Ideas...
    (1) Healthy BMI between 19-24 - anywhere in there that you feel good (e.g. for me, at 5'8 that is a big range between 125ish and 160ish!).
    (2) Body fat % - you could have a healthy BMI yet have too much body fat, or you could have a high BMI however have a healthy body fat %.
    (3) The most general method is to start at 100 lbs and 5'. Then add 5 lbs for every inch of height you add. E.g. 5'8" "ideal" weight would be 140 lbs. 5'5" would be 125. 5'1" would be 105 lbs. This illustrates the importance of taking height into account! For a man, you would add 15 lbs at the start.

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Just a side note...

I see that you say you are now 132 ish, and you have 22 lbs to go... that would land you at 110 at 5'5", which might be a little on low side.

You might want to see how you feel as you get lower - 110 might be a hard weight to maintain!
    :flowerforyou:
  • sweetart36
    Options
    thanks all !!
  • amymac
    amymac Posts: 42
    Options
    Did you read the other ideal weight post? SGFlyinHi is an great example of not getting to tied to a number. Not a number on the scale or BMI.

How do you feel at your current weight? Don't think about other people but look at how your body feels for you. For me I start to lose energy when I am not at a good weight.

Everyones ideal will be different because of build, muscle and how we carry our weight. I gain in my stomach. I come from a family of skinny arms & legs big stomachs. Not healthy, so for me it's a constant battle to work on.

I agree with this entire post. I'm 5'5 and 36 (almost 37) and at 115-120 I look like Skelator. 150 is a great weight for me, while on the high end of the recomended scale, I look and feel good. I think everyone is different.
  • sweetart36
    Options
    thanks for your post I'm kinda have a small frame so to be around 115-120 is not really that skinny for me its the weight I'm comfortable with.I have always been between 115-120 just this past year when I turned 36 they weight just packed on plus eating junk food like crazy.Then I went to get a physical and the doc. said i had high cholesterol WOW! that was a wake call for me!! I'm only 36 !! I have always been so thin and healthy. Now I'm back on track and eating good again and exercise 60 min. daily 4-5 days a week.I'm doing this for my heart,body,mind and soul.My family as well.I want to see my daughter grow up I don't want to miss a thing!I have my family eating better now too......
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options

I agree with this entire post. I'm 5'5 and 36 (almost 37) and at 115-120 I look like Skelator. 150 is a great weight for me, while on the high end of the recomended scale, I look and feel good. I think everyone is different.

Good for you.
    Like I said in the other post, you can't really go off of the charts. Everybody is different and you need to find the weight that feels right fot you and your body, and don't rely on the charts. If I went off of the charts reccomendations, I would still need to lose another 20-30 lbs, though everyone I meet and see say I need to stop losing weight as I am getting too skinny. :bigsmile: At 170lb, and a size 8, that feels real good.
    Good luck to everyone.
  • sweetart36
    Options
    thank you !!! you look great !!!
  • sweetart36
    Options
    good luck to everyone !!!:wink: