Wedding Dress

Options
Had a thought last week... My wedding dress has already been purchased and is somewhere in transit to me from Alfred Angelo. I bought a size 10 and the dress itself is corset style. I'm pretty sure that I'm down to an 8 and am hoping to be a 6 by my wedding day, will the corset make up that difference and how much can be taken in on alterations without messing up the look of the dress?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I was told you can go 2 sizes up or down, and with the boning in the corset you should be fine
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    congrats on the dress by the way...I'm finding it hard to find one I like lol
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the dress and weight loss! I had to buy a size 14, because I was 7 months pregnant when I walked down the aisle! WHOOPS! LOL :laugh:
  • notapromqueen
    notapromqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was told you can go 2 sizes up or down, and with the boning in the corset you should be fine

I was told the same when I bought my wedding dress. Altering a dress down 2 sizes is cake, but more than that is difficult.

I also wanted to ask if you're a size 8 in street clothes? Alfred Angelo is famous for their "2 sizes too small" dress sizes. So, if you're a street size 8 or you do lose more weight, the Alfredo Angelo dress may fit you perfect. For example, a street size 10 may actually be a 14 in Alfred Angelo.

Congrats! And, I'm sure you'll be a beautiful bride! <3
  • erin1414
    erin1414 Posts: 18
    Options
    You should be OK, you might need to have it taken in a little bit in the chest area (if needed). make sure to have 3 fittings before your wedding day to avoid having the dress to big. I had lost some weight when I got married and I didn't have the dress taken in (it was fine) although I wish it was a big more tight on me. I had the corset top as well. Hope this helps!
  • 20motivation14
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I bought an 8 and I tried it on and its a little bigger then it was when I first tried on. I am hoping I can have it altered correctly to fit me right for my big day. I hope to be back to a 4-6 by my wedding in 2 months.
  • elizabethdemulder
    Options

I was told the same when I bought my wedding dress. Altering a dress down 2 sizes is cake, but more than that is difficult.

I also wanted to ask if you're a size 8 in street clothes? Alfred Angelo is famous for their "2 sizes too small" dress sizes. So, if you're a street size 8 or you do lose more weight, the Alfredo Angelo dress may fit you perfect. For example, a street size 10 may actually be a 14 in Alfred Angelo.

I'm in between a 10 and an 8 in street clothes right now. I tried on the dress in a 12 initially and she said that it fit but I could definetely easily fit in the 10 so I went with that. Hopefully she sized me right, now I'm worried it will be too small!! Should be in any day now though, so I guess we will see!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    They always run small so you should have no problem having it taken in. Show us a picture, we would love to see it.
  • notapromqueen
    notapromqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I'm in between a 10 and an 8 in street clothes right now. I tried on the dress in a 12 initially and she said that it fit but I could definetely easily fit in the 10 so I went with that. Hopefully she sized me right, now I'm worried it will be too small!! Should be in any day now though, so I guess we will see!!

Don't worry about it being too small! Like another poster said, going down or up two sizes is cake with corset backs! It'll fit and you'll look stunning! <3