New 40 yr old needing to drop fifty

MTriplettBaker
MTriplettBaker Posts: 7 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I am new to the site, and thus far LOVE it !! It has allowed me to functionally keep track of everything I eat and excercise. I have switched to a meat free diet, and have lost six pounds thus far( 2weeks). I look forward to logging in and posting my days activaties:wink::wink: . I have a lonnngg waayyyyy to go, and need all the support I can get. I love junk food, sweet and salty, and and occassional cocktail. But I am in hopes of being able to read other success stories, I can stay motivated in saying that I can be a success story too, and gain my health back. Lets GO!!!!!:wink:

Replies

• BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    I joined in April and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site! This is the FIRST time I have been able to lose weight on my own. Logging the food everyday and reading what others post each day has kept me motivated! I am 42 years old.....and want my old self back. This site is allowing me to do it! Best of luck to you!!!! Looking forward to reading YOUR success story!!!!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    This really is a super site full of motivating people! Reading about others people's successes is definitely motivating!!! It's a life long journey that's for sure! Friend request on its way!!
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Nice to meet you, MTriplettBaker, and welcome to MFP!! You're right, this is an awesome site. I've been a member for just under a month and have learned soooo much. I am interested in this meat-free diet you speak of...lol. How does it work? I have about 10 pounds left to lose, and I fear I have hit a plateau and wonder if this would help me. Good luck on your journey :smile:
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    Yep, same here! I'm 42, Joined in April and have only lost 14 so far, but I'm still at it. The only times in my life I lost weight (other than childbirth) was a little with Weight watchers, but I lost interest. This has been the only thing I've kept at, because it's somewhat private, which I like. :drinker:
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Welcome to MFP we are so glad you joined us! I have been 40 for about 8 days now and I've lost 40 lbs since late January (about 4 1/2 months) :love:

This site really helps me stay motivated and on track especially when i see other people's successes! I have a great bunch of MFP friends here that keep me motivated and on track as well. Welcome aboard and I look foward to seeing your success! Feel free to add me as a friend if ya want!
  • Bsthomp
    Bsthomp Posts: 1
    Hey hang in there. loosing weight is the toughest thing iver ever done but with enough support it can happen. good luck!! you CAN do it
    I love this site. I get a little lax on useing it but when I get back into it i remember why I like it so much
  • MTriplettBaker
    I just seen this!! I have challenged myself to go meatless for at least two weeks. As a cleaning avenue as well. I eat the meatless products, soy milk, and more fruits and veggies. So far I love it. I feel better! and my digestive systems seems to be working a little better. I have found that the BOCA products , and another I can't think of; is very good and you really can't tell the difference when they are in foods. We had veggie spagetti with meatless meat balls the other day, and my whole family loved it. SO when people ask, I guess I say Im semi Vegan or vegitarian now. Im not soo worried about EVERYTHING and if it has animal products in it , but try to choose more natrual ingredients when I can.
  • MTriplettBaker
    Thanks ! yea I cant wait to start to see the BIG numbers like 25 to thirty pounds lost!! Thanks for the motivation and response!
  • MTriplettBaker
    Thanks so far I love it. It feels nice to see other people striving and motivating for the same goal. Gaining is soo easy, but losing is a fight!
  • MTriplettBaker
    That is great to hear!! Same hear. Lost interest in Weight Watchers! Look forward to sharing my journey on here!
  • ymjwhite
    ymjwhite Posts: 1
    Hi, I just started on this site yesterday and I am loving it. I am still learning how to navigate thru everything but I think it is simple enough. So far I love it! Good luck to you! I am 51 and need to lose about 51 pounds also. I have not been able to do it on my own so I really hope the motivation on this site will help me. Again, good luck to you .... and me too! LOL
  • melinda6569
    melinda6569 Posts: 124
    Hi I am so excited i found this website.i have actually lost almost 40 pounds since September but only 12 since i have logged on to here.I hope to loose another 35 just to be Healthy...You will Love it here. Feel free to add me as a friend ( anyone can)..Oh and i am 41..Good luck to you..
  • Kerseygeek
    Kerseygeek Posts: 225
    I'm only 32 but of course I think and feel like that's old, especially with the shape I'm in but I'm new here too. I've done great in just my first week. The logging really helps. I have been battling my weight for the last 12yrs at least. Even when I was young and thin I was self conscious because of all people my family would rag on me. But once I hit college it was down hill and I graduated at my heaviest ever, not a pretty pic. But one day I will look back at that pic and see how far I've come. This is a great site.
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!! I'm 42 and also have about 50 pounds to lose. I did Weight Watchers for a long time and was very successful and reached my goal weight but I lost interest and also my motivation and gained my weight back. I joined Sparkpeople for a while and did ok but now I have found MyFitnessPal and I am really liking it so far, still finding my way around :) Best of luck on your weight loss journey and maybe we can help keep each other motivated :smile:
  • ressa8
    ressa8 Posts: 60
    Hi!

I am turning 40 in 9 days!! I recently went to the doctor's and found out I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure. It was shocking! I know I need to get my act together and lose weight, but also start making healthier choices. I want to be around to watch my children grow-up!
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Howdy from TN! I'm right there with you. I just joined 2 days ago, am 38 years old, and need to lose 35 lbs to get back to my ideal weight. This place is AWESOME! I wake up every morning excited to see what's new, and it's motivating me not only to eat better, but to begin exercising--which wasn't in the original plan. LOL. Welcome!:tongue:
  • Elle70
    Elle70 Posts: 2
    Hi! I too am 40 yrs old & looking to lose about 50...And loving this site. I joined with a couple of friends but Im always open to making more so add me if you want some added encouragement and cheering on! Best wishes on your journey!
This discussion has been closed.