Major NSV!

katie_mun29
katie_mun29 Posts: 46 Member
edited October 2015 in Success Stories
I've always been overweight, and in 2012-2013 I went on a diet through a doctor that was 600 calories a day, and all you had were shakes. I had lost about 80lbs in 4 months, but fell off the wagon. After that I had gained that weight back (plus more) and did a diet here and there but it never really stuck.
I decided at the start of the year that I was going to do it and finish it this year, without "diets" but a lifestyle change.
I've been noticing lately that my pants didn't really fit anymore, but just yesterday I measured my waist. I've lost 14 inches and have gone from a 5X (that barely fit) to a 2X in pants. It's not the worlds biggest accomplishment but it's enough to keep me motivated until I reach onederland. :smile: q8s349hn5v2l.jpg

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    14 inches is amazing. Congratulations and buy some new pants! lol
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I think that is fantastic!! Don't minimize it. Changing the fundamental ways you're living your life is very difficult and you should be proud of yourself. You'll hit onederland before you know it! :D
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    That's great news. I'm glad to hear you kept trying and found something that is working for you.
  • FatSwatter
    FatSwatter Posts: 175 Member
    That is awesome! You just learned the secret of sustainable weight loss: lifestyle changes.

You'll reach ONEderland if you keep this up! I'm proud of you. :smile:
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    wow....WTG!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Sounds like a lot to me! congrats
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Congratulations! You are doing well!!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    That's amazing. Weight loss is challenging in that old habits die hard, so all successes are great accomplishments. You should go ahead and reward yourself with new fitness clothes/accessories. :)
  • stevepaul0404
    stevepaul0404 Posts: 11 Member
    Congratulations, that is great progress.
  • hcs00
    hcs00 Posts: 40 Member
    That is absolutely a huge accomplishment! 5X to 2X, wow! I started at 2X and will be happy to reach L.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Wow! Fantastic Progress!
  • Holy Cow! That's amazing! You're worth it!!!

• SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Amazing! Congrats.
  • Val8less
    Val8less Posts: 107 Member
    That is Awesome...Way to go...Thanks for sharing... <3
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    That is amazing! What an inspiration!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited October 2015
    Going from being squeezed into a 5X like a sausage, to being comfortable in a 2X is an absolutely FABULOUS achievement. An even bigger achievement, in my opinion, is that you didn't give up on yourself - you came back and you did this! Keep reminding yourself of every good day you've had so far to get to this point, and you will make it to your goal. All the best to you.
  • katie_mun29
    katie_mun29 Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks everyone!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    AMAZING progress! Good for you!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    You go girl
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    It's an outstanding accomplishment ! Enjoy your happy, healthy new life !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!