Miracle Noodles

Options
Anybody got any low calorie tasty sauces and recipes for these Miracle Noodles? Like sweet Chinese white sauce you see in buffets? (Read it's like mayo and sugar (Splenda)) Something different and yummy.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Have you actually eaten them? My BF bought some of these a while back and it was the most disgusting experience I've ever had.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    No, hope you like them because I prepared them two ways and the noodles are just gross no matter what I did to them. I rinsed and sautéed them the first time added veggies and protein waste of money the noodles to tough and weird smelling, the second time I rinsed, boiled and sautéed them they were still to tough and weird smelling. I rather eat regular noodles/pasta and just eat a smaller amount then eat something I can't tolerate.

But if you must have a sauce for them you can look on spark recipe or google a sauce for them online, I tried to eat them with teriyaki sauce and the second time around alfredo sauce.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Rinse and dry them really well, then put them in a dry pan (dry fry). After that you can basically use them in place of ramen or rice noodles. Oyster, fish sauce, soy sauce, etc all work really well with them.

I like a simple noodle bowl with frozen asian veggies, noodles, broth, some mixture of hoisin, oyster, stir fry sauce, sriracha, fish sauce, etc, and top with scallions and maybe a poached egg.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    They work well in Pho but personally not a huge fan of the miracle noodle variety....there are other brands of shirataki noodles that use a bit of tofu that really improve the texture in my opinion. I occasionally use them in stir fries after dry frying like queenmunchy described.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles, right? Fiber and water.

Food_10_7628.jpg
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    My husband bought a package of these. They looked and smelled absolutely vile. I wasn't able to deal with them at all. I knew it had to be too good to be true. Dead fish like. X( I think I'll get a spiral veggie slicer or something instead.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I never bought the 0 calorie style noodles myself. The true thing is made from the root of a plant that originates in China I think. An interesting read. I'm a little cheaper and just julienne peel a zucchini. My mandolin slicer can make thicker cuts too(I often manage to get my hands a good bloody mess unfortunately). They have no weird taste and soft texture. Just add salt and sauteed.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    There's Spaghetti Squash too.

• MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Lol - so glad I didn't try to experiment with them. I couldn't get past the look and feel of them at the store. The minute I picked up the package I gagged.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    A mayonnaise and sugar sauce defeats the purpose, in my opinion. I like the "rice" (tiny bits) version in chicken broth with vegetables.

I'm not crazy about the texture. Varieties that add a little tofu are much better, if slightly higher in calories and carbs.
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I live on these things!

They smell HORRIBLE out of the bag. rinse them like crazy. They won't have any odor if they are rinsed.

• amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Shirataki noodles, right? Fiber and water.

Food_10_7628.jpg

This is the kind with tofu...they taste a bit better than miracle noodles to me. I think its worth the carbs and few calories!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Rinse under hot water very well and cook long enough with other foods and seasoning. They absorb the flavor of whatever you cook with it.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I got them yesterday and cooked some for lunch. They r surprisly good. I just add simple popcorn seasoning cheese on it and made my low calorie Mac and cheese and it tasted good.
  • LindaSmith108
    LindaSmith108 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I tried them several times and they are absolutely gross! It didn't matter what I did with them. The awful taste wasn't the only problem I had with them. The texture was weird. It was like eating plastic wrap. Threw it away every time. I kept trying it because I wanted to give it a fair chance. I decided to stick with doodles. Spaghetti squash has too many carbs for us.