Looking for body positive friends!

Options
Hey everyone, my stats are 22 5'4" Starting weight: 224
Current weight: 207ish
Goal weight: 140

I'm looking for friends who are body positive because I have found that I have to love my body in order to treat it right and I hope I can find friends with that in common. I'm trying to lose weight in a healthy way by eating real foods and exercising regularly to take care of my body.

I'm sick of people saying things like "if you need motivation, look at yourself naked in the mirror" my motivation does not come from wanting to look a certain way. I just want to be a healthy weight and in shape.

Replies

• HeatherCarnes76
    HeatherCarnes76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My motivation would never come from looking at myself naked in the mirror lol. That is depressing haha. You can do this!
  • chorusincrystal
    chorusincrystal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    All I see is a damn sexy individual because that's what's there!
  • lorengetsfit
    lorengetsfit Posts: 84 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I love your attitude! I'm working towards being not only more body positive, but more positive about my outlook in general. I've added you :smile:
  • kirstylouisehopper
    Options
    Them types of phrases annoy me too! I find it easier to just focus on the idea of becoming more healthy and feeling more confident in time!! You've got a great view on it!:)
  • pigletpoppet
    pigletpoppet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a bit taller than you but have very similar stats! Would love more friends to share diaries and get food ideas!
  • Ambymaries
    Ambymaries Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I try my hardest to be body positive in everything I do (even if I don't feel 100% positive with my body sometimes - daily, residual struggle from a disordered eating/damaged body image past). But I'd also like body positive friends! Feel free to add :)
  • amberweaver97
    amberweaver97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in with loving ourselves! Let's do this!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I would definitely think the whole 'look at yourself naked in the mirror' for motivation is not the way to go for this reason: you don't learn to love yourself for just your body. Focusing on your body alone for motivation - that's just not right. Focus on your whole self as a person, not the body in the mirror.
  • M4rcelle
    M4rcelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's a nice post chorusincrystal! Yes, I discovered the same thing in my life (the hard way). Everything really does start with self love. The more I love myself the more I set healthy boundaries, the more I wish to take better care of myself and have a better life, and the less I'm negatively influenced by other people and things. Human bodies are awesome! They allow us to experience and enjoy the world, no matter their current shape. Nobody has ever had a body like yours before and nobody ever will. All bodies all completely unique! What's not to love? Own it with some swagger! :p
  • hbaer88
    hbaer88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Always looking for great people to add. So far I am down 25! Same as you no certain body just want to be healthy!
    Feel free to add me!
  • tuesdayninja
    tuesdayninja Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Totally body positive over here. 19, 5'10" and between 170-180. Most of my weight is hips and lumpy thighs but I still love myself every day! Just here looking to get in a bit more shape and take care of myself!