Energy

Options
Does anyone have any Ideas on how to get energy and keep it through out the day? I have been so tired by time the afternoon hits!! HELP PLEASE

Replies

• ladyphoebe
    ladyphoebe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know that if I dont take my vitamins each day I am draging by noon. My B Vitamins keep me going
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way too!
  • MaruManic
    MaruManic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My suggestion: take a nap. I'm the same way. I think some peoples bodies are just made for afternoon naps.
    Or perhaps simply get more sleep? How many hours do you get a night, and what sort of days are you looking at? Ex, desk job, kids, nursing, what have you.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I do better with taking my vitamins, also and I have to avoid carbs or I'm sleeping at my desk around 3pm.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any Ideas on how to get energy and keep it through out the day? I have been so tired by time the afternoon hits!! HELP PLEASE

Multi-vitamin may help. Be sure to eat every 3 hours or so, and don't have any large meals, this should keep your energy levels fairly constant all day.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I should say bad carbs.. potatos, breads
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    My vitamins and iron help me a lot.

Do you get enough sleep?
    Are you stressed? *I was beat when I was going through a particularly stressful period
    Do you eat nutrient packed foods?

If you do these things and still have issues, see a doctor. Or, see your doc now - it can't hurt. Just have a blood workup isn't a bad thing.
  • elinsofie
    elinsofie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I drink an amino acid powdered drink called Xtend. It contains essential amino acids that help to repair your body throughout the day. It gives you an added little boost as well. I sip it throughout the day and it works great.
  • wakeman1
    wakeman1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Well I do take vitamins B-12 and vitamin D because I was told I was lacking those vitamins. Maybe I should look into a multi-vitamin. But I don't think my job helps either, i have desk job, and I am not real active during the day. I try to take frequent breaks and get away from my desk, but it dosen't seem to help!! Thanks for all the tips and help :wink: