Can you lose 15 lbs in 30 days?

Options
2»

Replies

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    My cousin recently got married, and most of the bridesmaids were a size 0 - 4 or so. Her maid of honour was more like a size 12/14, and she looked perfectly gorgeous and was the life of the party (she sang a beautiful song for the newlyweds at the reception). It may be scary to go down the aisle, but trust me very few people will be looking at you, and the focus will indeed be on the couple getting married. No one will care what size you are, unless your dress doesn't fit. Don't try to do something dangerous! Just try to have fun :)
  • JohnnyBoy916
    JohnnyBoy916 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs in one month. I went from 220 to 200. I didn't do it the right way though. I ate 3 small meals a day, cardio, and drank about 100 ounces of water. I didn't start from scratch though, I had been doing this for about a couple weeks. My advice is just start working out and if you get to 20, great. If you don't, you'll be about 10 or maybe more pounds lighter and feel healthy and more confident which may kick start the motivation!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    A good rule of thumb is not to lose more than 1% body weight per week. The severely or morbidly obese may be able to go a bit above, but for most people, 1% is a lot.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    No. But you still have plenty of time to get your dress tailored so it look and feel awesome. Confidence and a good fit matter so much more than the scale :flowerforyou:
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Sadly not in a healthy way. If you knew you were in a wedding party, you could have started awhile ago. But dont stress on looking the same size as they are. Just enjoy the night!
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I started at 165 around 40 days ago and I'm still haven't gotten down to 150.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You need to focus on your confidence. You might want to consider some kind of dance lessons so that you can rock the dance floor.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Nope. I started at 164 lbs 6 weeks ago and have only lost 11 lbs. I'm not even down a clothing size yet. Just enjoy the wedding and continue to meet your calorie goals and the weight will come off slowly week by week, but eventually you will be at your goal.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    You shouldn't expect more than 1 lb per week loss, and honestly you would probably have to make yourself miserable to lose faster, and then you wouldn't have any fun at the wedding! This is something you really needed to plan for earlier.

Get yourself a nice pair of spanx that will suck it all in for you. The week before the wedding, try to eat low sodium, avoid things that make you bloat, and drink lots of water so you aren't bloated or carrying water weight. Then have great time, because I doubt anyone at the wedding other than you will be thinking about how much you weigh.

And in the meantime, start now on a healthy weight loss plan with a goal of 1 lb per week loss, so you can lose ALL the extra weight, and keep it off so you don't have to stress about it anymore.

Seriously, don't stress about it! We are always more critical of our appearance than anyone else is. Just enjoy yourself and use this as motivation going forward. Good luck :drinker:

This. And quality shape wear can do wonders, especially if the dress is clingy. Remember the wedding is to celebrate a couple's marriage - all eyes are on them!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Gosh darn these surprise weddings that no-one ever tells you about until the last minute!

The answer is no. Should have started earlier. Buy some spanx.
  • unfamiliar_with_impossible
    Options
    Not healthy but try lifting and ab workouts
  • e5ljsmith
    e5ljsmith Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    2.5 in a week is considered safe the last time I looked into it but that was a couple years ago. That doesn't mean it will stay off either but the max that you could drop in the 4 weeks " safely" would be 10 lbs. that is if all the conditions were right.
  • dswigger
    dswigger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know professional fighters that can do this but its not healthy and professional fighters are completely different than you and I. So yes, technically people can lose that much but you will not. It is not realistic.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Not a snowball's chance in a very warm place.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    That McDonald's guy lost 36 pounds in 90 days eating 2000 calories of BigMacs and McMuffins every day, it's very possible! glgl

oh, 15 in 30. Theoretically possible. I'd settle for less and be more accepting of your own flaws!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    That McDonald's guy lost 36 pounds in 90 days eating 2000 calories of BigMacs and McMuffins every day, it's very possible! glgl

:huh:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I reckon you can to be honest - it wouldn't be fat though

So in the first couple of weeks you'd dramatically cut water weight, particularly if you low carb, low sodium and that could be 10-15lbs worth

But I think a great outfit, a new haircut, attention to make-up and spanx and a couple of glasses of fizz are probably going to have a lot more impact

Your best bet is a decent calorie control and a new zest for moving more and lifting heavy stuff though