cant stop peeing

Options
I have been drinking 8 glasses of water a day and I have to pee every hour. Does this stop when my body gets used to being hydrated and how long does that take. because this is ridiculous.

Replies

• jackiekjames
    Options
    Ditto here...I"m hoping it will get better with time...g2g pee again. haha!
  • bjorgen2
    bjorgen2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes it does stop and it depends on your body adjusting - try to drink slowly throughout the day
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Me three! :)
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Not for me! I pee every 30 minutes all day long and have for a year now.
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hehe, I just wrote a blog post about my water frustrations the other day. It's the the form of a letter and I giggled while I was writing it...then hurried to the bathroom.
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you :)

five years ago, when I was attempting to lose weight (before getting pregnant and gaining it all plus more back), I drank half my body weight in ounces of water. After about a week, I stopped peeing every hour ;)

Now that I'm starting back up again and trying to be healthy, I am peeing like a pregnant woman all over again!!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I have this problem too. I drink 3-4 liters of water a day and have to pee constantly. Everyone says it'll lessen after a while but I've been drinking this much since the beginning of march with no change :\
  • nads2184
    nads2184 Posts: 124
    Options
    Snap.. I dont think Ive ever wanted to go pee as much I have in the pass 10 days.. its like c'mon now.. i need a break lol... i even wake up in the nigh to go and it feels like I just drunk another 8 cups in1 min!! lets flush out all that crap! ;-)
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    I have been drinking 8 glasses of water a day and I have to pee every hour. Does this stop when my body gets used to being hydrated and how long does that take. because this is ridiculous.

Think of it as a type of workout :smile:

It's helping your body flush away toxins and keeping your kidneys (and bladder) healthy.
  • MattAxtell
    MattAxtell Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I drink close to 200 oz of water / day at work (8-5) and have been for 6 months.

I still pee every 45 minutes :(
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Your body does adjust some what, but it is not unusual to go every couple of hours if you are properly hydrated. As long as you are passing white lightning (pretty clear) you are well hydrated.
  • TwinMamma09
    TwinMamma09 Posts: 140
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I am peeing every 30 minutes for most of the day. I tend to drink more of my water in the morning to make sure I get it in and then I will slow down a bit and have some tea in the afternoon. I remember back to some weight loss I had last year and I started to regulate a bit and not have to pee as often after my body got used to being hydrated again.

Good luck! I hope it gets better for you!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Are you drinking 8 eight ounces (1 measuring cup full) of glasses of water a day? Are you also drinking other drinks in addition? Not everyone needs 64 ounces of water a day. There is actually no medical evidence that ANYONE needs 64 ounces. It's just a generalizaion and it applies to any nonalcoholic beverages. If your urine is clear or light yellow (unless you are ingesting something like high amounts of certain B vitamins) then you are drinking enough. If your urine is a dark yellow or brownish color, you need to drink more.