Discouraged

Options
Hello everyone ! I have been trying to lose 50 lbs. I exercise everyday , eat right, & the scale does not bulge so disappointing and upsetting just in need of encouragement .

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise are you doing?
    Are you weighing and measuring your food?
    Are you drinking plenty of water?
    How long have you been at it?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's not how "right" you eat. It's how many calories you eat.

Here's a helpful chart made by lemonlionheart:
    0ynujdm03h5b.jpg
  • kennaann1
    kennaann1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing. Down 22 but it's sloooooowww going. Hang in there
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary? How long have you not seen movement on the scale?
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Focus on the way your clothes fit and how you feel. I never weigh myself for this exact reason
  • chi2teach
    chi2teach Posts: 29 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Try interval training. Warm up 3 minutes. Sprint for 1 minute. Drop back down to cruising speed for 2 minutes. Sprint again at minutes 6, 9, 12, 15, 18. Cruise for last 3 minutes. Then cool down 3 minutes. Only 25 minutes total but you'll really feel it tomorrow. Works on stationary bike, treadmill, walking outside, elliptical - you name it. Define "sprint" however you want but you should go fast enough that you need to back it down after a minute cause you're breathing hard. Much more effective than a steady workout for 45 min or more.
  • bgohnert
    bgohnert Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know everyone HATES to hear this- but the scale should only be moving 1 or 2 pounds a week.

What chi2teach said about interval training, or HIIT, is spot on too.