snack ideas?

Options
Hey guys I'm trying to find some healthy snack ideas and I got the whole fruits and veggies stuff but does anyone have any other ideas? Keep life interesting you know?
Me :)

Replies

• JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    triscuits
    wheat thins
    hummus
    laughing cow cheese wedges
    light string cheese
    fat free cottage cheese
    small amount of nuts like 1/4 cup
    raisins
    dry honey nut cheerios
    chex mix
    whole wheat bread with peanut butter or Nutella
    sugar free jello
  • Zakth
    Zakth Posts: 37
    Options
    Fruit and veggies are a great idea for snack. You can also buy some 100 calorie snacks from the store, they have lots of different ones including many brand name goodies like Rice Crispy Treats and Soft Oreo's.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I usually keep some light string cheese, laughing cow cheese and cottage cheese on hand. Eggs help me alot too. I'll mix one whole egg and a couple of egg whites.. microwave a few minutes, add some laughing cow cheese and some pepper or tomatoes and occassionally some deli baked ham or chicken and microwave until its done.
  • jesshubbard
    Options
    Thanks so much guys this really helps.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    yw :smile:
  • murphysraven
    Options
    Try to always pair a protein with a carb for a snack. Keep it 200 calories or less. I eat a small handful of nuts and a piece of fruit or natural PB (1-2 TBSP) on Whole grain toast or english muffin. The protein will help the carbs digest slower so you won't be as hungry later. Also check out KIND bars. They are all natural, gluten free and actually really tasty! A little pricy at $1.50 a bar but perfect to keep in your purse or backpack.

Good luck!
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just to add to the post above KIND bars are great and you can buy them in bigger amounts for cheaper at Trader Joe's but if you just wanted to try a flavor out, check Starbucks.
  • moPOETRYtion
    Options
    I just went to the grocery store on my lunch break to load up on healthy snacks to keep in the office so I stay on track. This is what I bought:

Hummus with celery sticks and carrot sticks to dip
    Apple slices and those JIF single serve peanut butter cups
    Dry roasted almonds
    90 calorie greek yogurt cups

I am hoping this is enough variety for awhile and it will keep me full enough so I stay away from the vending machine!