Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New to Body Building

Wrecka31
Wrecka31 Posts: 15 Member
edited October 2015 in Introduce Yourself
:) Hello all! I'm new to body building. I'm a girl who likes having muscles!

Replies

• javarob66
    javarob66 Posts: 24 Member
    It feels good to be strong, so why not! Nothing feels better than watching someone struggle to lift something and then you say "let me help you with that", lol. Best of luck!
  • Wrecka31
    You're completely right, hahaha. Thank you!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Long time bodybuilder here and agree.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Wrecka31
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Any words of wisdom just off the top of your head?? Sometimes someone can spare a few golden nuggets that will leave a lasting impact.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Wrecka31 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Any words of wisdom just off the top of your head?? Sometimes someone can spare a few golden nuggets that will leave a lasting impact.
    Consistency is the difference between a true champion and an occasional winner.

Don't be afraid to gain weight. Make sure to get enough rest for rebuild and DON'T overspend on many broscience approaches like pre workout meal, pre workout, post workout, etc. Most of the time if you just eat in surplus, get in enough protein, and bust your butt correctly on your workouts, you should be just fine.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Wrecka31

Don't be afraid to gain weight. Make sure to get enough rest for rebuild and DON'T overspend on many broscience approaches like pre workout meal, pre workout, post workout, etc. Most of the time if you just eat in surplus, get in enough protein, and bust your butt correctly on your workouts, you should be just fine.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
    [/quote]

Awesome, thank you. Yes I have noticed gains in muscle mass and not a much loss on the scale so I'm trying to reconfigure how my brain has been trained to think about that. I do see what you mean about not getting caught up wasting a bunch of money on preworkout products etc, there is so much hype about that kind of stuff out there. Thanks so much for taking your time to share some knowledge. I really appreciate that.