Replies

• sarahbarbara012345
    sarahbarbara012345 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Once every two weeks :)
  • richard3263
    richard3263 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every two weeks and I get the local health centre to do it. Firstly, their scales are more accurate and secondly if you feel that someone else is keeping an eye on you, you tend to stay on track so that you don't let them down.
  • khwicklund
    khwicklund Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, it helps keep me grounded.
  • Steve4239
    Steve4239 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have not weighed in 9 weeks i plan to weigh at the end of week 10 but don't know if i will. i will definitely weigh my self when i get back in to 32" jeans, because then i will know i'm near my goal. I don't use the scales to tell if i'm loosing weight i use my clothes if i'm loosing inches and gaining fitness i know its all good. a few months ago i tried weighing weekly but after 2 weeks with no change i quit now i find it much easier.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Several times per week but I only log my weight on wednesdays :)
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I might have a higher number one day but as long as the progress chart has an overall downward trend, I'm happy.
  • PaulBonham
    PaulBonham Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I got an app I love that shows the trend of my weight. So I put my weight into it every morning. Then when I fluctuate I can still see that the graph is going down steadily if not daily.

Hi, what app do you use for this?
  • gm168
    gm168 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks, now that I'm wiser... My first time around, when I lost 30 lbs in 4 months about 5 years ago, I checked my weight weekly. At that time I was in panic mode and I was moving towards my goal very aggressively. I didn't care about anything else. It worked and I was ecstatic. But now I realize I should have gone slower. At that time I just wanted to accomplish my goal and get it over with, missing the point that a lifestyle change has no completion date. If that makes sense...
  • PeterUhey
    PeterUhey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily so I can spot a bad trend or change up a food item if need be. That way I can tweak my schedule to maximize my results.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh everyday as it keeps me acocuntable. I got back on track this past Monday and have been good each day. I woke up to a 0 loss, but I know i followed my plan. Was bummed no loss, but the weigh in keeps me accountable.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily. I also started using Trendweight.com. Very helpful.
  • greenmaria
    greenmaria Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think I need to start weighing every day. I feel like if I don't, the weight creeps up, or I get lazy about the eating and say, "It's OK. I can eat this junk today because I have a week before I need to weigh myself again. I'll just eat less tomorrow."

So I'm going to try the every-day weigh-ins and see if it helps keep me on track better.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Daily and I weigh after I have been up for about 45 minutes.. It helps me know if I need to up the water cause I can gain water weight really easy from too much sodium in foods..If I eaten out the day before I already know to expect a 2 lb to 5 lbs water weight gain easy..

Also the TOM is a good indicator for the scale movement as well. I need to make sure my logging stays as accountable as I say it is... LOL :)
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Every day first thing, sometimes a second time in the afternoon if my morning weight is higher ten expected.

Use https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet? - to get a log/graph that eliminate the spikes in weight gain/loss

Weighing once a week is not good, if you happen to weigh on a high day [panic], or a low day [false optimism]
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't have a highly accurate scale (those that do decimal places) so i do it every two weeks since I can't monitor minute changes in weight.
  • H34v3nlySinsx3
    H34v3nlySinsx3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. Being female my body's weight changes a bit naturally in response to nature and stress and other outside sources, some of which we can't control. So I'd say your doing just fine with that! Plus.. weighing in daily souls drive me nuts!
  • Melgibbs
    Melgibbs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Every Monday is my "official" weigh in because that's when I first weighed at the doctor's office when they started me on this new journey. I weigh myself once or twice during the week before Monday just as a mental check in but don't track that weight.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I weigh monthly and take measurements weekly.
  • tanyamclattenburg
    tanyamclattenburg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a week. Once on Monday and again on Thursday. I also use the "Happy Scale" app on my iPad to track my trends and smooth out all the little spikes.