healthy breakfast choices

Options
hey guys

i need help w making good healthy break fast choices i dont have all the time in the world but i am willing to wake up n extra 30 min to cook me something healthy ;)

any suggestions would help please

Replies

• Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    oatmeal and egg whites is my suggestion. I'm sure there will be many other great suggestions to follow.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My go-to's are:

a whole wheat english muffin with 1 egg (fried in a non stick skillet with Pam), and a slice of american cheese. YUM

Or I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal

Oatmeal

Ezikiels cinnamon raisin toast

Peanut butter toast
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Egg whites canadian bacon and fat free chesse scramble!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Breakfast taco (small tortilla, egg a bit of cheese and salsa) takes about 5 min
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Bagel Thin w/ egg beaters

Oatmeal w/ banana & freshly ground almond butter (1-2 tablespoons)

egg beaters

You should check out Hungry Girls website & cookbooks for fast breakfast ideas....
  • ♥BETHANY♥
    Options
    I eat an english muffin with and egg and cheese when I don't drink my slimfast and its really good!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch is super yummy! Even my hubby likes it!
    Morning Star Farms Maple sausage patties (vegetarian)
    Scrambled egg whites with some shredded cheese
    whole wheat, multigrain,.... toast with peanut butter
    Carnation chocolate breakfast drink (When I am not hungry I make this with the sugar free powdered mix and skim milk. It's also a great snack item!)
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or porridge with 1 1/2 cup of mixed berries, i tsp of cinnamon and 1 or 2 tbs of almond butter. Less than 400 calories and will keep you going for hours! I never need a snack between breakfast and lunch.
  • mamaredhead
    mamaredhead Posts: 112
    Options
    My personal favorite: plain yogurt plus any kind of fruit (apple-sauce will do, too) and a couple of spoonfuls of chocolatey muesli or granola. Sometimes I add half a banana, dried cherries or cranberries. Normally I would drink some fresh brewed fruit-tea with apple-juice, during summer a glass of orange juice will do.
    And I NEED a cup of fresh coffee :-)

Just to give you an idea -- and this requires no cooking, just boiling water ;-)
  • khstafford
    khstafford Posts: 19
    Options
    egg whites, 2% cheese, bell peppers, tomatoes, salt pepper!

FRUIT!!!!!!!!

I love the fiber one bars and kellogs fiber pluss bars! the chocolate coconut are yumm!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is a plain non fat greek yogurt with 1 or 2 tablespoons of all natural peanut butter mixed in. It has a ton of protein and its filling....and super easy.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I buy the single packets of plain oatmeal or grits & have 60 calorie Dannon Light & Fit yogurt. Boiled eggs are also great to fix enough for the week & just take them with you!
  • mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Whatever helps you achieve your caloric/macronutrient goal for the day. Whether it's high in calories, low in calories, carb/protein/fat-heavy, or whether you simply choose to skip breakfast.

The world is your oyster.
  • asudheimer
    asudheimer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My breakfast staples are banana's, High-Fiber Oatmel, Fiber One Bars, Yogurt and scrambled egg whites with fat free mozarella. :) All are quick to make or just take on the go.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BREAKFAST! I also eat a good amount of my calories at breakfast

These are my go-to's

1/2C cottage cheese mixed with 1/2-1 C Light and Fit yogurt
    English muffin with peanut butter and honey
    English muffin with melted brie cheese
    English muffin with an egg on top
    english muffin with butter/jam
    Mini bagles (100 cal) with jam/peanutbutter/cheese/ apple butter/honey
    Boiled eggs
    Grape Nuts with soy milk
    Kashi Go lean with soy milk
    Kashi cinnamon harvest shredded wheat with soy milk
    Malto-Meal Cream of wheat with honey for sweetening
    Oatmeal with honey for sweetening
    1/2 cup greek yogurt with a spoon ful of chocolate(Sugar free/fat free) pudding mix mixed in.
    Piece of fruit
    Tortilla with eggs and zuchinni
    Omlet with all kinds of veggies and a little cheese
    Bisquick pancakes with cooked down peaches for syrup (1 pancake with topping is 200 cal)
    2Corn muffin (jiffy mix) with agave nectar/honey
    hamburger with scrambled eggs and cheese melt

I usually mix about 2-3 of the fast ones for breakfast, if I do the pancakes omlet breakfast burrito or hamburger cheese melt I usually do just that.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fresh cut fruit of choice and 1 serving of whole grain.

My favorite is 1/2 c. lowfat cottage cheese + 1/2 c. fresh pineapple, diced, + 1/2 c. All-Bran Complete Wheat Flakes
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Mix together equal amounts of plain Greek yogurt and Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. Yum! High in protein and fiber and surprisingly filling.

In fact, I had a 1/2 c of each with lunch today. The cereal sweetens the yogurt and acts like a crunchy granola.
  • ivy2009
    ivy2009 Posts: 75
    Options
    Jimmy Deans low fat D-Lites breakfast sandwich. Only 260 calories and sticks with you a while. 100% whole wheat English muffin with egg white only and low fat cheese. Can microwave in a jiffy from frozen or thawed.

Oatmeal. Just watch the portion and don't load it up with butter. add raisins or a few nutes or other dried fruit.

100% whole wheat toast, Thomas's English muffin or Bagel thins. Toast. Add up to 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, almond butter or nutella. Take about 1/3rd of a large banana and slice it thin and put on top. Yummy. sticks with you a while.

100% whole wheat toast, Thomas's English muffin or Bagel thins and toast. Then make 2 eggs or use egg whites or egg beaters. Put eggs on toast. Top with fresh salsa. Yummy.

Low fat yogurt. Cut up a little fruit and top with fruit and small sprinkling of Kashi Go Lean cereal or granola.

Cottage cheese with some fresh cut fruit mixed in or mix in tomatoes and cucumbers.

All of the above have a good mix of protein (must eat to get lean and not be hungry 5 minutes later), whole grains, and carbs and all are low fat.

Try almond milk in coffee and on cereal, either sweetened or unsweetend. VERY low in calories and high in protein.
  • wooldl
    wooldl Posts: 2
    Options
    Some good ideas here. :-)

I boil a dozen eggs at the beginning of the week and eat a couple of those for breakfast. Or, I'll poach a couple eggs and put them on one piece of whole-grain toast with a slice of Kraft American. Yum! Two eggs add quite a bit to my cholesterol intake, but I don't have a problem with high cholesterol so I see the high protien as a good tradeoff.

Also, some Kashi granola in a cup of yogurt is awesome! I just mix it together and chow.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    2 frozen whole grain waffles (toasted), 3/4 cup frozen blueberries (tossed in the microwave until hot). Pour blueberries on top of waffles, add some chopped nuts (almonds, pecans, etc.) and eat. Takes about 5 minutes and tastes fabulous!