Trying to lose 10% body fat

Options
Looking to lose body fat percentage looking for like minded people. Add me and let's work together

Replies

• rnohou2010
    rnohou2010 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! Just curious why you have chosen to focus on body fat percentage. Most of us just focus on weight. But I suppose body fat is a better measure of health, cardiac risk, etc. Good luck!
  • satellite30
    satellite30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm focusing on body fat percentage because that will help me achieve my fitness goals. Focusing on weight is not accurate for me. Because I also do weight training and muscle weighs more than fat. Therefore I won't it an accurate reading by weigh myself.
  • MaliRadojica
    MaliRadojica Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm focusing on body fat percentage because that will help me achieve my fitness goals. Focusing on weight is not accurate for me. Because I also do weight training and muscle weighs more than fat. Therefore I won't it an accurate reading by weigh myself.

Hi there. I have the same goal like you. I am interested in what method do you use for measuring fat %.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Fat gets burned exclusively at rest (sleep and resting like watching TV) so calorie deficit is most important for it. Lipolysis is what you want to happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MaliRadojica
    MaliRadojica Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Fat gets burned exclusively at rest (sleep and resting like watching TV) so calorie deficit is most important for it. Lipolysis is what you want to happen.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

So I think that u r actually proposing HIT type of training?

• DLMitch22
    DLMitch22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello ...
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Preach!! I need to lose a couple of kilos of fat, but am more than happy if the scale goes up over all!! My short term goal is 6% loss, but ultimately I'd like to be 10% down from where I am now.
  • satellite30
    Options
    Body fat percentage is hard to lose. Just found out you have to burn 3,500 to lose a pound of fat. So I got some ways to go! Lol
  • satellite30
    Options
    DLMitch22 wrote: »
    Hello ...

Hello
  • satellite30
    Options
    fi_b wrote: »
    Hello!

Preach!! I need to lose a couple of kilos of fat, but am more than happy if the scale goes up over all!! My short term goal is 6% loss, but ultimately I'd like to be 10% down from where I am now.

Body fat percentage is hard to lose. Just found out you have to burn 3,500 to lose a pound of fat. So I got some ways to go! Lol
  • satellite30
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

So I think that u r actually proposing HIT type of training?

HIIT is good to burn calories.
  • satellite30
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Didn't know that's what it was called. Thank you!
  • satellite30
    Options
    Hello!

Hi there. I have the same goal like you. I am interested in what method do you use for measuring fat %.
    I bought a scale from Walmart. That measures weight, body fat, water weight, and body mass index. It works well.
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm also focusing on losing fat. I'm about 22-23% now. When I started 5 month ago I was 32-33%.y I've also lost 40 pounds. I am trying to get to 10% by next summer. Or maybe by my winter vacation time. I'm a guy though, so maybe it's slightly easier for me. I have a 36 inch waist now still and my stomach isn't totally flat. would love to get to 32 or 30 inch waist and a 6 pack.
  • PhatCowness
    PhatCowness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya, buddy. Wish I could thumb up this post!
  • satellite30
    Options
    Right there with ya, buddy. Wish I could thumb up this post!