cycling = hungry

Options
So I've recently started cycling to college to help get fitter + loose weight. However I am now very hungry and eating 2x as much as before. According to my bike computer i burn about 500 cals cycling a day but i'm hungry for wayy more than that. What should I do?? Will eating more make me put weight on? but if I dont I'll be hungry so what should I do?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pre log your days and include lots of protein and fats for satiety.
  • sorbus33rowan
    sorbus33rowan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't log at all lol so that's out. I eat lots of fats but idk about protein, I guess I could eat more protein to make me fuller but wouldn't that still be eating more?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    swimming makes me starving. running used to before my body got used to it

plan your food. fiber and protein will keep you full longer. so try to eat a lot of those foods. don't add protein on top of what your eating but include it in your calorie allotment.
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Give it time, you body will adjust. It is hungry from the extra calories being burned. I would at least eat back half those calories though.
  • sorbus33rowan
    sorbus33rowan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'll try to eat more protein and fibre then thank you! My goto snack is toast and pb which does have protein and fibre but it's got quite a lot of energy to, I guess I could try snacking on fruit and veggies more they have fibre so would that be better?
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    So I've recently started cycling to college to help get fitter + loose weight. However I am now very hungry and eating 2x as much as before. According to my bike computer i burn about 500 cals cycling a day but i'm hungry for wayy more than that. What should I do?? Will eating more make me put weight on? but if I dont I'll be hungry so what should I do?

The key is "recently started". Your body needs time to adapt to any new activity.