Started about 1 month ago with MFP and reached an important milestone today.

Options
vadimknobel
vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a 5 foot 8 guy in my mid 30s. I have a medium built and tend to carry most of my weight around my mid abdomen.

for the last 2 years my weight has been hovering at 205-212 pounds with a BMI of 31-32. I developed a number of health issues including back pain, high blood pressure, constant fatigue, and most likely sleep apnea, and other issues.

I started again with MFP about 1 month ago aiming to lose 2 lbs or so per week. I also exercise 3-6 / week about 40 min per day, and an ocasional long bike ride 2+ hrs.

So far I lost 13 lbs of my peak. Today I was finally under 200! lbs (199). This is psychologically important to me, because it's a kind of a milestone. That means my weight is finally under 90kg, and my BMI is finally under 30.

My energy levels are up and I feel great. I do not feel hungry and I am eating much healthier. My goal is about 150 lbs = 68kg = BMI 22.5. That would be the lowest weight ever for me as an adult (my previous lowest weight was 159 at age 24) I am planning to start weight training as part of my exercise routine. I would like to be able to do 100 pushups in 2 minutes and 10 pull ups in a row at least.

Thanks MFP. And good luck to you all on your fitness journey. Stay motivated!

Replies

• JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I am 7 pounds away from ONEderland so I know what an important milestone it is! Congratulations and keep doing what you're doing!
  • vadimknobel
    Options
  • vadimknobel
    Options
    Hmmm I wonder if this will get read...just as an update...I've been doing MFP for about 3.5 months now and I'm down to 176 lbs this morning...BMI 26.6 body fat about 26%. I hope to reach 150 lbs before 2016 and hoping to have a waist less than 34 (maybe even less than 30) at the belly button (39 now at the belly button and can wear "size 34" pants again). I'm on my 3rd week of SL 5x5, alternating with jogging, going slowly up on the weights to avoid injury.
  • alyusha2
    alyusha2 Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations on the loss. I am in a similar boat as you were when you began. I am 5 foot 9, started at 269 lbs with a BMI of 39.7 supposedly. I have had a good attempt and got down to 248 lbs, but went back up to 255. Today, I am back down to 248 with a BMI of 36.6. I think my mile stone for now will be 220 lbs since that is where I was a few years ago when I said to my self "I am overweight and need to lose it!". Still a 32.5 BMI though.

Congratulations again and good luck on your continued journey !

Edit 1- lose to loss
    Edit 2- 260 to 269
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC progress - you should be so proud of yourself :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!! I bet your health issues improved as well :)
  • SimplySmylin
    SimplySmylin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be very proud of your hard work!
  • vadimknobel
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    This is awesome!! I bet your health issues improved as well :)

definitely more energy and less back pain, easier to get around also and working on improving my slouchy posture currently :-)
  • vadimknobel
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be very proud of your hard work!

I am a bit proud but afraid to "rest on my laurels" or rebound
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment. It is nice to see where you started and how far you have come in a few months. I am getting ready to weigh in tomorrow for week 4 so far I have lost 12lbs. I like this post may have to update my status in a couple of months if for no one else just to inspire myself. Good luck on finishing your goals by the end of the year (I have a feeling as well as you have done so far you will have no problem reaching and possibly surpassing them.)
  • paulelliott7
    paulelliott7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I completely get the resting on your laurels fear. Once you start lifting and see improvements it's hard to imagine not doing it. My initial milestone is 210lbs and looking to end up somewhere around 200 but athletic. At 6'1" it's hard to imagine if that will be enough but I'll see when I get there. Looking to get to 12-15% BF. Not sure if someone my age can get over that hump but willing to get to 10% if I can! Keep it up man!
  • Serendipity00
    Serendipity00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All your hard work and determination is paying off. You should be very proud of your accomplishments.
  • vadimknobel
    Options
    Just wanted to update. I am now down to 168 after 5 months. I am at my lowest weight in 10 years. Still have some ways to go. Aiming for 10% bf, and a six pack by winter vacation.