Lost 12 lbs but still look the same

So I've lost 12 lbs (went from 125 to 112.6 this morning). I'm proud I've lost it but I'm discouraged because I still look the same. I've taken pictures but I don't see a difference and I've taken measurements and they have gone down but I look in the mirror and don't see any change. I dont know what to do.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    I'm the same! Except I can't see a difference in 28lbs (130 to 112). I sent some photos of me at 130lbs, 123lbs and 112lbs to a friend to ask which order she thought they went in, and she got them in the exact wrong order haha.

As far as I'm concerned, even though I can't see a difference, I KNOW there's a difference there from the measurements, and that's enough for me.

Maybe a recomp would help you more at this point, sometimes recomp before and afters can be much more noticeable that weight loss before and afters.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    We're always the worst judges of what we look like.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Trust me you've changed, I thought the same thing until the other day I started packing for a trip and just for fun I grabbed a shirt to try on that I couldn't get over boobs over a month ago and now after 15 it fits perfect and got packed for the trip! I went the whole day trying on a lot of clothes that couldn't fit before to find they all fit!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    So I've lost 12 lbs (went from 125 to 112.6 this morning). I'm proud I've lost it but I'm discouraged because I still look the same. I've taken pictures but I don't see a difference and I've taken measurements and they have gone down but I look in the mirror and don't see any change. I dont know what to do.

Unless you are 5 ft 4 or smaller, you are underweight.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    We are our own biggest critics - trust me.

You may look in the mirror and see no change but that's because you're mind is being a troll and you aren't letting yourself REALLY see how far you've come.

I've lost 32 lbs. Logically, I MUST look different. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think "Aw man, where has it come off of?!". I KNOW i'm just being overly critical and irrational. I give myself a shake and remember how far I've come and how well I'm fitting in to my clothes and the feeling passes.

• amylou93xo
    amylou93xo Posts: 6 Member
    I feel the same after losing 17 lbs, my partner says he can't tell much cos I wasn't overweight before. I can tell the difference on my stomach but thighs not so much D:

There will be a difference, you may have just lost weight more in some places than others.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    It's so hard for us to see ourselves properly when we are losing weight. The daily changes are just too small to notice! Since we cannot see the daily changes, it's really hard for our brains to keep up. We cannot trust our eyes.

Friends and even family will sometimes lie to be polite, so it's hard to trust them, too. Love them, sure! Trust them...maybe, maybe not. Plus, they may have motives that aren't so good. They might want us to stop losing just because they don't want us being thinner than they are. They might even have an altered idea of what people should look like, thinking that a thin, healthy person is "a skinny mini" when they're perfectly healthy. They might even say we aren't fat when we are, just to make us feel good.

There is one person who does not have any misconceptions about what is healthy and what isn't, isn't going to lie to spare our feelings and will absolutely tell the objective truth - The Doctor. It's their JOB to tell us the truth without any BS. They aren't going to say that we aren't fat when we are or that we are too thin when we aren't. They absolutely know healthy v not healthy.

If you're ever in doubt, the doctor is the person to ask and may sometimes be the only one you can trust.