Vegan

Options
Hello, anyone on this app vegan? Pros/cons of calorie restriction for a vegan diet? Thanks ✌

Replies

• iaultraguy
    iaultraguy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm fruitarian
  • LMBSpencer
    LMBSpencer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • LMBSpencer
    Options
    How long? What type of body changes have you experienced?
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Lots of vegans and vegetarians here, there is a large group called Happy Herbivores. You may want to check them out :)
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    "How do you know when someone is a Vegan?"
    "Don't worry - they'll tell you!"
    Welcome; I'm vegan too!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    How is your diet to begin with? I'm vegan and have been for a long time. I'm also a bodybuilder and we do strange things with our diet for different purposes.

I'm happy to talk with you about your diet, exercise or whatever you'd like... feel free to add me and shoot me any questions you might have. If I don't have an answer I'll help you find one that's real and based in science.
  • LMBSpencer
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!
  • nutritionenthusiast
    Options
    I'm vegan, feel free to add me :)
  • KrissiBianca
    KrissiBianca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vegan for 3 weeks now!
  • ozgurvh
    ozgurvh Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It's not healthy
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    ozgurvh wrote: »
    It's not healthy

What's not healthy? Being vegan does not mean that you are automatically eating at deficit. I've been vegan for a very long time and before I started bodybuilding, I was fat because I overate consistently. The way I lost weight was to corral my diet, swap what I was eating for healthier, more sustainable intake, and restricting my calories to a healthy deficit.

Your statement is vague, offers no true insight and is extremely unhelpful. At least give us an explanation of why and what you think might be unhealthy so we can take that into consideration in any further discussion.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm Vegan since Oct 2014 ;)

Although, this isn't strictly correct; I eat a high carb, low fat plant-based diet (80/10/10).
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    A Vegan, a Born Again and a CrossFitter walked into a bar.
    I only know this because they told everyone within two minutes.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    ozgurvh wrote: »
    It's not healthy

The ADA concluded years ago that a vegan diet is appropriate for people in all stages of life.
  • asundeen88
    asundeen88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a brand new vegan myself! Today is actually day 3 for me. I tried it with a few cheats here and there but I'm in it to win it now! Add me :smiley: