Any other moms of little ones?

amandalyn26
amandalyn26 Posts: 24 Member
edited October 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! My name is Amanda and I am a 27 year old FTM of an almost one year old little girl. I nanny 3 days a week for two families (one has 3 kids and the other has 1), I bring my daughter with me. I'm a huge Disney fan and also love doing crafts.

Before I got pregnant, I had actually lost about 40 pounds just by eating healthier and working out a couple times a week. I was at 148 but by the end of my pregnant was at 191!! At almost a year PP I am about 172. I have not been very active and I definitely play the "I'll start tomorrow game". Anyway, I got an Apple Watch this weekend and it is SO motivating! Using my fitnesspal again too has been helpful to see the effects of what I'm eating. I'm ready to get healthier, be more active and lose the rest of this baby weight!

I would love to be friends with some mommys who are similar to me to keep each other motivated and stay on track!

I am also still breastfeeding and plan to until she self weans. Right now I would say my work outs are lightly active but I've been shooting to exercise everyday, I like to go for walks with her and I love Leslie Sansones walk away the pounds videos. Would love to learn other work outs similar to this. I am a sensitive person and don't do well if someone is yelling at me LOL. Positive reinforcement is what I need and I love to give!!

Replies

• eaturnermdt
    eaturnermdt Posts: 24 Member
    I am almost 8 months PP with my 2nd baby. My first is 6 and I just kept gaining weight after he was born. I lost about 30 pounds in 6 months in 2013, then suffered a miscarriage, comfort ate about 10 lbs back. Then I got pregnant with my daughter. Since she was born, I have been maintaining, but no losses.

This week I am back on track to LOSE IT. I joined a gym and LOVE it. My husband has promised me $500 to start a new wardrobe when I lose 60lbs. That's a great motivator, LOL. I also love the Leslie Sansone videos! I actually just did a quick mile once baby girl went down for a nap!

I'm also breastfeeding her, and plan to let her self wean as well.
  • amandalyn26
    Thanks for your reply! I'm so sorry for your loss. When I was 22, I suffered a loss and I honestly think that's when I gained a lot of weight back then.

I had joined a gym back when I lost the 40 pounds but I'm so self conscious that I really would just jog on the treadmill and maybe do a stepper. Shopping would be a motivation for me too haha! We seem to be in similar boats, and I'd love to be friends on here if you'd like!

And yes love Leslie! I did the mile express the past two nights and my daughter seems to loves watching me and I even picked her up when she got fussy and used her as a weight for the "hallelujah "! Haha!! I wish I had started sooner but I'm excited to keep working on being healthier everyday
  • eaturnermdt
    eaturnermdt Posts: 24 Member
    I wish I had stayed on track and spent the last 7 months working on these pounds but if ifs were fifths we'd all be drunk LOL.
  • zebras1977
    zebras1977 Posts: 28 Member
    Welcome, you'll do great! I have three boys, my youngest is 2.5 so a bit bigger than yours :) Feel free to add me!
  • nickibowen
    nickibowen Posts: 31 Member
    I have 5 children, my baby is 15 months old and I breastfed them all til they were at least 1 year old. Feel free to add me as well.
  • ashleyselland
    ashleyselland Posts: 6 Member
    I just did my intro :). I also have a little one - 8 months old. I'm nursing as well, and uped my calories just a bit so I don't worry about my supply. Goodluck ladies!
  • amandalyn26
    Thanks for all he support mamas! Adding you all. We can do this :)
  • amandalyn26
    I wish I had stayed on track and spent the last 7 months working on these pounds but if ifs were fifths we'd all be drunk LOL.
    Hahahaha!!
  • BeccaColliesBurton
    BeccaColliesBurton Posts: 79 Member
    Yep I am. They are 24 and 20 hehehehehehehe
  • eosorio101
    eosorio101 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I have a baby girl who will be a year old in december. I am on same boat as you. I was very thin pre-pregnancy 110 lbs im only 5'2" and PP I was 160 lbs. Now I am at 126 lbs, but want to push myself to get to 115 lbs. It definitly is tough to stick to working out and eating healthy with a baby, but it is soo worth it!

I've began working out before, but always quit... This time I am planned to stay commited! I montivated myself by creating a wall of pics of me before my baby. Everytime I feel like quitting I look at the wall and find motivation! And I bought myself a bikini I know I can't fit now, so that I can remind myself that sumer 2016 I will BE WEARING it!
    We CAN dot it!!!