Did my body get used to it?

Options
89GermanG
89GermanG Posts: 73 Member
edited October 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, I'm not losing as much weight anymore as I did in the beginning of my weight loss journey. Do I need to do more cardio? Did my body maybe get used to it? What do you guys do?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    If you haven't adjusted your calorie intake, do that first. As you lose, your body won't require as much energy to run.

Second, make sure you're logging accurately, which may include using a food scale. Measuring cups or eyeballing portions can easily lead to eating more than you think. And since you only have six pounds to lose according to your ticker, you need to make sure everything is precise.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to your goal, the slower the loss will be. You've only got 6lbs to lose and a good rate would be a half pound a week.
    Patience. It will happen. Keep up the good work.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    No. Keep doing what your doing. The majority of what you lost in the beginning was water weight. Weight loss is slowing down now as its supposed to.

As long as you are losing weight you're doing good :)
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you haven't adjusted your calorie intake, do that first. As you lose, your body won't require as much energy to run.

Second, make sure you're logging accurately, which may include using a food scale. Measuring cups or eyeballing portions can easily lead to eating more than you think. And since you only have six pounds to lose according to your ticker, you need to make sure everything is precise.

Cosigned
  • 89GermanG
    89GermanG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I actually have to lose a lot more. I'm 5'2 and 175lb. My next goal is to lose 25lb. I do use a food scale and log everything.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, it would help people give you advice and suggestions.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Double check your calorie intake - Make sure you are eating the correct amount for your current weight! :]

Tighten up your logging, make sure food is weighed and portions are correct. You'll get there!