Let's Talk About Non Scale Victories - shall we?

Options

Replies

• queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have a ring that I bought 8 years ago for my pointer finger. I have had it on my ring finger for at least 2 years. Last week it felt loose so I moved it to my middle finger. Its the little things.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I had several people at work compliment me on my weight loss today. Bonus points for them all being female!
  • morganandersonr
    morganandersonr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have refocused my goals to be body fat % rather than weight. I think that's a healthier focus - because you can be lighter and less fit/heavier and more fit. My body fat % has gone down 4 points since May - whether the pounds come off or not, I don't care - my fitness level is more important to me than the number on the scale. :)
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have refocused my goals to be body fat % rather than weight. I think that's a healthier focus - because you can be lighter and less fit/heavier and more fit. My body fat % has gone down 4 points since May - whether the pounds come off or not, I don't care - my fitness level is more important to me than the number on the scale. :)

I have similar thinking. In my case for now I'm looking at weight and doing enough strength stuff to (hopefully) not lose any or much muscle. But overall the fitness and reducing in certain areas is more important to me than weight.

I've also found that my scale is all over the place on body fat. Wish I had got measurements with calipers or something before I started dropping weight. What method did you use?
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    lucietle wrote: »
    Definitely clothes-buying is getting more pleasant/satisfying.
    totally!!

Yes!! In fact, I'm a little afraid I'm going to go overboard this fall...
  • sfinsc
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    I had several people at work compliment me on my weight loss today. Bonus points for them all being female!

Woo hoo!!!
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

That's an awesome nsv!! :)
  • sfinsc
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Wearing a dress I haven't worn since the beginning of the summer today, and it's LOOSE! Like, I-could-easily-size-down-and-be-comfortable level loose. It used to be snug in all the wrong places. :)
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think some of this is vanity sizing since I have old clothes that are bigger size and still barely fit, but compared to clothes made in the last two years, I've now gone from a 16w to a 10.
  • lizziesmom15
    lizziesmom15 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    While doing my workout routine today, my 6 year old said, "mom I like doing this with you it's fun." She often times laughed at my lunges or squats and she definitely got a chuckle out of my sit-ups. We then went outside and she walk/jogged with ms and we laughed and talked the whole time. After our walk she asked me to play basketball with her and I did. 5 weeks ago I would have been sitting in the house watching TV or surfing the web, never would j have been outside walking. For my daughter to see the changes I would not change that for the world. I may not see changes in the scale but I feel better and I enjoy life more. My enjoyment in life was a good meal, planning and cooking or scoping out new restaurants, now I try to beat yesterday's fitbit steps for a new high. The scale isn't the only meausre of success.
  • lizziesmom15
    Options
    While doing my workout routine today, my 6 year old said, "mom I like doing this with you it's fun." She often times laughed at my lunges or squats and she definitely got a chuckle out of my sit-ups. We then went outside and she walk/jogged with ms and we laughed and talked the whole time. After our walk she asked me to play basketball with her and I did. 5 weeks ago I would have been sitting in the house watching TV or surfing the web, never would j have been outside walking. For my daughter to see the changes I would not change that for the world. I may not see changes in the scale but I feel better and I enjoy life more. My enjoyment in life was a good meal, planning and cooking or scoping out new restaurants, now I try to beat yesterday's fitbit steps for a new high. The scale isn't the only meausre of success.

ij0j9fri7c1q.jpg
  • nicodemus109
    nicodemus109 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was feeling good today when I went to pick up new scrubs for my shift at the hospital. Went for a smaller size pants than usual and -Hey! they fit perfectly.
    So now I feel even better :smiley:

@lizziesmom15 That is an awesome story! Must feel amazing to to hear that from her and also feeling you have the energy to play around with her.
  • lizziesmom15
    Options
    I was feeling good today when I went to pick up new scrubs for my shift at the hospital. Went for a smaller size pants than usual and -Hey! they fit perfectly.
    So now I feel even better :smiley:

@lizziesmom15 That is an awesome story! Must feel amazing to to hear that from her and also feeling you have the energy to play around with her.

Yes it sure is!! :)
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Put on some shorts I hadn't worn in 6 months because they were too snug, and not only did they go on easy - they were sitting a bit too low on my body by the end of the day. Cool!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    All of my pants are falling off me and I hate shopping so I stole a pair from my 15 year old daughter who is very fit. I'd call that an awesome NSV. She's not getting them back either! :D
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My ring fell right off my finger yesterday! Luckily it was while I was at home so I didn't lose it. It was a pinky ring so I gave it to my daughter.
    I made me pretty happy :)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I comfortably put on a shirt that was skin tight about four months ago. :)
  • lovinguniverse_9
    lovinguniverse_9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just starting. I myself am part of the "you are not a number" and unorthodox ways of measuring health. I find this forum/post refreshing. I challenge everyone to come up with a goal a scale or tape cannot measure. It's much more peaceful to me. Well done to everyone here :)

For the ladies here I recommend women, food, and God. Awesome book about intuitive eating and understanding there is more to what is on our plates than we think. Not a religious book, more about trusting our bodies as we get in tune with them. We are born masters of our bodies and learn through many social/environmental factors to tune our natural signals out.

My personal goals are:

1. Being able to do a handstand (former dancer)
    2. Lower sodium
    3. More energy
    4. Get back into dancing - Just finished masters and need to focus on something artistic
    2. Get completely off soda - don't really drink much, just want to get to the point I had once where I actually dislike the taste because my body has been trained to reject it
    3. Fewer migraines (obtained through eating lots of good stuff)
    4. Eat more veggies - much harder than fruit eating b/c I don't like too many of them raw w/o flavor

Lots of health and happiness to all

• lovinguniverse_9
    lovinguniverse_9 Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    [quote="lizziesmom15;34268824". The scale isn't the only meausre of success.

Very profound! That is exactly the message I hope to give to as many as I can. Bravo to you and the others.

Love to this forum!
  • yangt41
    yangt41 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs under a table now! :o