30 day shred, weight gain?

Options
hello!

i measured myself both in weight and with the tape measure (as i know weight doesn't matter as you build muscle which puts on weight etc) i've now been doing the 30 day shred for 3 days, and i've been reading reviews about inches dropping off and such, but i'm gaining it!? i feel fatter and look bigger? i'm so confused and it's really upsetting me and putting me off.

did this happen to anybody else, and will it come off? ):

Replies

• her1223
    her1223 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 7. i've lost 3lbs. starting weight 165. and height is 5'6". Are you dieting or eating healthy foods as well?
  • jessp687
    jessp687 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hey thats because your body may be trying to hoard extra water lost due to sweating etc, try increasing the amount of water you drink in between workouts. Also, constipation, bloating and extra food in your tummy can add weight (yesterday i weighed in at 124.8lbs and today I am 121.2 yesterday I had half a thin crust pizza drank more than 8 glasses of water so stay motivated lets motivate each other to continue doing whatever workout we are trying to get through
  • mikibinarina
    Options
    her1223: i've not been going over my 1,200 calorie in take on here, and if i do i do extra exercise to work it off. i haven't weighed myself yet, i'll do that when it has been a week (on monday)

jessp687: hey! yeah, i dont really drink a lot of water, i really dislike it!, i do end up drinking about 3 - 4 bottles during the work out though. i dont think i have any extra, it's hard for me to eat 800calories, ): someone said i wouldnt burn anything off unless i ate a minimum of 1200 so i use drinks and such to get it up there! so no extra food in my tummy ): yeah that would be great :)
  • darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    jessp687: hey! yeah, i dont really drink a lot of water, i really dislike it!, i do end up drinking about 3 - 4 bottles during the work out though. i dont think i have any extra, it's hard for me to eat 800calories, ): someone said i wouldnt burn anything off unless i ate a minimum of 1200 so i use drinks and such to get it up there! so no extra food in my tummy ): yeah that would be great :)

The point of the 1200 calories is that is the minimum number to be able to fit enough NUTRITION into your diet. You need to be eating food with all the macro and micro nutrients your body needs and not filling it up on sugary drinks.
  • mikibinarina
    Options
    The point of the 1200 calories is that is the minimum number to be able to fit enough NUTRITION into your diet. You need to be eating food with all the macro and micro nutrients your body needs and not filling it up on sugary drinks.

i understand that, but i can't physically do it, it makes me sick, i hate eating food as it is, sometimes i can do it but feel incredibly crappy and depressed after, and for days.
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    Perhaps you should consult a nutritionist.

Do you suffer from any eating disorders?
  • mikibinarina
    Options
    Perhaps you should consult a nutritionist.

Do you suffer from any eating disorders?

when i asked my doctor about it (not being able to eat) he kept going on about having an eating disorder, then sent me off to the hospital for tests and i never got the results back. so pointless ):
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    then I think perhaps you should try a second opinion. its a shame some doctors arent helpful, but there are a lot out there that are.
    I've dealt with the medical industry my whole life. I have two children, and sometimes in order to get their test results back, I will have to call the doctor or hospital and ask for it.

You gotta stick up for yourself. Get a second consult, and if they make you get tests and then dont give you the results, you make sure to call and ask them.
  • jessp687
    jessp687 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hey Im not a doctor yet but I am a medical student and can tell you i am 100% sure you definately need 1000 calories and above to excercise and lose weight in a healthy way or else your body is going to hold on to all the food you eat to make up for the lack of fuel in your body, you may not have any eating disorders but you may have low appetite due to other conditions(pm me) I would suggest eating as much fruit as you want. Don't hold back if you want to eat a whole bunch of grapes do so, a whole watermelon go ahead it willl help you lose weight even if you do not excercise. I did not like water before but I get the water and healthy calories I need from eating as much fruit as I want im 24
  • mikibinarina
    Options
    then I think perhaps you should try a second opinion. its a shame some doctors arent helpful, but there are a lot out there that are.
    I've dealt with the medical industry my whole life. I have two children, and sometimes in order to get their test results back, I will have to call the doctor or hospital and ask for it.

You gotta stick up for yourself. Get a second consult, and if they make you get tests and then dont give you the results, you make sure to call and ask them.

yeah, the doctor i saw was so unhelpful, my kidneys failed on me when i was younger and i kept getting horrible pains there and i went to him about it and he poked me in my HIP BONE! not my kidney area and went ''nope not your kidneys'' and sent me away! i guess my mother always deals with moaning at them for test results, but i don't really talk to my mother about my weight loss thing, or ED or whatever i have, she just makes me feel worse about it by calling me fat.

i still dont understand why i'm putting this weight on when i've been exercising and eating my calorie amount. ): so frustrating ):
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It may be water weight, and also what you have been eating.
  • mikibinarina
    Options
    hey Im not a doctor yet but I am a medical student and can tell you i am 100% sure you definately need 1000 calories and above to excercise and lose weight in a healthy way or else your body is going to hold on to all the food you eat to make up for the lack of fuel in your body, you may not have any eating disorders but you may have low appetite due to other conditions(pm me) I would suggest eating as much fruit as you want. Don't hold back if you want to eat a whole bunch of grapes do so, a whole watermelon go ahead it willl help you lose weight even if you do not excercise. I did not like water before but I get the water and healthy calories I need from eating as much fruit as I want im 24

yeah, i do try and make it up to 1000, and even 1200 like i said, but it's hard, i understand the whole 'fuel your body' thing and how if you eat less your body can go into starvation mode where it clings onto the fat so it's harder to lose etc. but i just dont get why im not losing anything and putting it on? ): haha i ate a full bunch of grapes once, i felt so ill! i do snack on satsumas and such! i'm just confused with it all.
  • her1223
    her1223 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You could possibly be putting on muscle fat. Also caused by improper eating habits. I hope you get some of this figured out!