How to add new gym sessions.

Options
I just started working out at a gym. I don't know how to add it to my daily exercise. Since I'm new, I can't remember most of the exercises I did. Help!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Did you do a circuit type workout where you moved from exercise to exercise?
    Was it with weights or more aerobics?
    Did you take a class or work with a trainer?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to remember what you did is to have a plan. Preferably, a time-tested and proven plan - not "what do I feel like doing today?" Have it written down, such as in a notebook, so you know exactly what to do at the gym. Do that, crossing/checking off what you do when you do it. Then you can log it later.
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Personally, I carry around a book with me so I can write down what I do. Then when I get home, I can enter it in MFP. :)

Also, you might want to have a plan as someone else suggested. I found a calendar online that tells you which muscle groups to work on which days, and that keeps me on track it's been a huge help.
  • suesiegel
    suesiegel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am doing circuit workout with a trainer. It is a mix of resistance and aerobics. Today was my first session, and I cannot remember what I did. The gym maintains a plan for me which is updated every 4-6 weeks, but it is kept at the gym
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Ok. In that case, copy down what your trainer wrote down on that day.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Just enter "circuit training" in the cardio section and pay more attention in the future if you want to track you strength training in MFP.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Or, ask your trainer to make you a copy of your training logs. Probably simplest.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have a program and a book- so I know what i'm doing when I go in and I keep track of all of it in a book.

Those 90 cent composition books are really heavy duty and work well for this.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I have a program and a book- so I know what i'm doing when I go in and I keep track of all of it in a book.

Those 90 cent composition books are really heavy duty and work well for this.

^ This. Great for keeping track and I find that writing it out helps me keep a clear picture of what I'm doing in my mind.
  • littlemissorange
    littlemissorange Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah I used to have a notebook or ask the trainer to send it you
  • suesiegel
    suesiegel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm sure that my trainer will give me a copy!