saggy skin!!

Options
With my 92lb pound weight loss and three pregnancys , I have to say I am unhappy with my skin that hangs on my lower stomach! I should be so happy and I am but.... if I would have gained 20 more lbs, I could have had the gastro surgery and had lipo and tummy tuck included with the surg. I am in the medical field and realize my hard *kitten* work is a way bettet option then that surg. But before I lost the weight I was borderline hypertensive, borderline diabetic, and a few other things, so sense I worked my *kitten* off and changed my LIFESTYLE by myself the tummy tuck then becomes " cosmetic" I dont need lipo I weigh 140 now but I dont get how its cosmetic for me and not for someone who has a huge surgery! I AM PISSED!!

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    breelinda wrote: »
    With my 92lb pound weight loss and three pregnancys , I have to say I am unhappy with my skin that hangs on my lower stomach! I should be so happy and I am but.... if I would have gained 20 more lbs, I could have had the gastro surgery and had lipo and tummy tuck included with the surg. I am in the medical field and realize my hard *kitten* work is a way bettet option then that surg. But before I lost the weight I was borderline hypertensive, borderline diabetic, and a few other things, so sense I worked my *kitten* off and changed my LIFESTYLE by myself the tummy tuck then becomes " cosmetic" I dont need lipo I weigh 140 now but I dont get how its cosmetic for me and not for someone who has a huge surgery! I AM PISSED!!

Bree, I thought I was stuck with my loose skin forever. I only had 40 lbs to lose, but my stomach grew literally straight out during my 2nd pregnancy 17 years (!!) ago, and it had never gone away. I've been maintaining now for 7 months, and for the first time, I think it's improving! I would say give yourself a year to two years at maintenance and see if it improves. And take pictures, so you can see the changes.
  • breelinda
    breelinda Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have had the weight off for 2 years now, its just gross!
  • GTRguy
    GTRguy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If it bugs you that much, time to bite the bullet and pay.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

That sucks, sorry :(

Are you having any issues that might convince your health care to cover some of the costs? Skin infections, rashes, etc?
  • CarinaMm
    CarinaMm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear. But you're done the hardest part. if surgery is something you are up to, it's time for a new battle, right?

Being one that's never living the present moment, I start the weight loss journey already worried about that. I've got 66lb to lose, and just had a baby 3 months ago. Even now I feel like my belly and knees look droopy... Is there anything we can do during the weigh loss to minimize this?
  • breelinda
    Options
    Loose the weight slowly, I did most of mine with in the first 11 months. It all has to do with the elasticity of your skin. Is what I was told. I also had my 3rd baby at 31, and gained the most with him. I have bad stretch marks too.. proving my skin isn't very stretchy until now, when it was OVER STRECHED!! Drink lots of water, helps too, I have trouble doing enough water. Every body is different, don't assume it will happen to you. Congrats on your new BABY!! :)
  • breelinda
    Options

Are you having any issues that might convince your health care to cover some of the costs? Skin infections, rashes, etc?

• breelinda
    Options

• breelinda
    Options
    I tried talking to the Dr. About that.. rashes mainly but I really don't have them if I am showering every other day. So .. I told him, I was desperate enough to " make a problem" smiling at him, but it was still a no go, I will have 2 save 4 ever if I want a good Dr. To do it, because of a loan I had to take out to get a lawyer to keep seeing my grandchild. 13,000$ with no promisesand a 90 day wait from the judge! O WELL!