So mad with myself

Options
Hi everyone. I'm so mad with myself. I've just binged on loads of crap. I've got 35lb to loose and I've lost 5lb so far. Why why why do I do it?!??? It's like I start off so well but then I go into some weird self destruct mode. I'll probably gain now this week. I'm just feeling tired, angry and disappointed with myself.

Right now that's off my chest I'm off to bed (11pm here) and going to wake up to a new day tomorrow and do better. Must stay positive

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Maybe your goal is too aggressive. What do you have it set at per week?
  • joanaliachristina
    joanaliachristina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Everyone cheats sometimes, and everyone slips sometimes. I certainly have days where I eat more carbs or more snacks, or just simply more than I want to. I can't remember who said this, but she basically said that there is no point in feeling guilty about slipping as it is done. Don't beat yourself up about it, you're only human!

See it as something you CAN work on tomorrow. If you binged today, retrain yourself more than usual tomorrow and try to even it out. Do some extra exercises!

Try to not worry too much about it. It's a marathon not a sprint. :)
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    One bad day will not do as much damage as you might think......just don't have too many. Shake it off and tomorrow drink tons of water and try to work in some exercise if you can. Everyone has days like this, try not to dwell on it as that will make you feel bad and possibly just eat more. Good luck :)
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I get like this when I eat too little. Maybe your deficit is a little too big?
  • Angie2822
    Angie2822 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think everyone does this....well I do. I am just getting back on track again after losing 55 pounds I gained 30 back in 13 months. WTF!!!! I agree with a few of the other posts on here that you maybe your being too aggressive with your goals and being too hard on yourself. I tend to lose control when I feel like a failure even if it's not really warranted. Good luck and don't let yourself slip as much as I did.
  • bekichitwood
    bekichitwood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree that it might not be as bad for you as you think.
    Maybe remembering how bad it makes you feel will help you restrain in the long run.
    I know that when I binge it often isn't as satisfying (good tasting) as I thought it would be.

As for too aggressive goals, is 2 lbs a week too much?
  • javarob66
    javarob66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just think about where you have been. You are 5 lbs down. At least you have a good start, and you care enough to be upset. That is a much better attitude than having a binge days in a row and not caring. You can easily make up for it with a few days of exercise and staying on target. You got this!
  • Bartmg85
    Bartmg85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Don't give up and be consistent
  • JOPFlower
    JOPFlower Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. My goal is set at 2lb per week by default but I had to add 500 calories to my 'allowance' because I'm breastfeeding . So my green zone is 1,700 calories per day.

I think I was just tired with the baby and so I ate junk food like I would have before. I think mentally I have a bad association with junk food when I'm tired. Which is silly as it just makes you feel worse. I need to flip the switch and eat more healthy food groups to boost my energy levels.

I know a treat here and there is ok and definitely factor that in but I really was disgusting yesterday lol.

As you say though today is a new day. I've just woke up and feeling more positive.

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    JOPFlower wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm so mad with myself. I've just binged on loads of crap. I've got 35lb to loose and I've lost 5lb so far. Why why why do I do it?!??? It's like I start off so well but then I go into some weird self destruct mode. I'll probably gain now this week. I'm just feeling tired, angry and disappointed with myself.

Right now that's off my chest I'm off to bed (11pm here) and going to wake up to a new day tomorrow and do better. Must stay positive

Learn from it, log it - and move on :]
    These things happen. You're normal.
  • H34v3nlySinsx3
    H34v3nlySinsx3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Everyone cheats sometimes, and everyone slips sometimes. I certainly have days where I eat more carbs or more snacks, or just simply more than I want to. I can't remember who said this, but she basically said that there is no point in feeling guilty about slipping as it is done. Don't beat yourself up about it, you're only human!
    See it as something you CAN work on tomorrow. If you binged today, retrain yourself more than usual tomorrow and try to even it out. Do some extra exercises!
    Try to not worry too much about it. It's a marathon not a sprint. :)

I completely agree! Not to mention, eating right is a lifestyle and a habit, not something you do for a while, lose the weight, and then go back to the same old habits. Plus doing cleanses with water, cucumbers and lemons will really help you feel better! Don't beat yourself up bad days happens if you continue to be so hard on yourself you'll never make it forward because you'll always end up failing in your eyes. Good luck to you!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. My goal is set at 2lb per week by default but I had to add 500 calories to my 'allowance' because I'm breastfeeding . So my green zone is 1,700 calories per day.

I think I was just tired with the baby and so I ate junk food like I would have before. I think mentally I have a bad association with junk food when I'm tired. Which is silly as it just makes you feel worse. I need to flip the switch and eat more healthy food groups to boost my energy levels.

I know a treat here and there is ok and definitely factor that in but I really was disgusting yesterday lol.

As you say though today is a new day. I've just woke up and feeling more positive.

Your goal is too aggressive. Put it at 1 pound per week because this will give you more calories for the day. When you have aggressive goals like this it will make you have no energy and lead to binging and you are breastfeeding which complicate matters.

read this

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1

He who eats the most and still loses is the winner. You did not put on 35 pounds in one day and it is not coming off in one day either.

You can do this :)
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    These goals are for women, whom aren't breast feeding. I'd suggest that because you are, that your goals be half this:

26 Pounds - 50 Pounds: 1 Pound a week!
    1 Pound - 25 Pounds: 0.5 Pounds a week!

Your current goals, aren't healthy enough for you & therefore aren't healthy enough, for your baby either. You're malnourished, which means your baby; is too. That 500 Calories, that you're consuming, for your baby; isn't going to your baby because your body needs it. Your body is going to take, what it needs 1st; before giving anything to your baby.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I use to eat too much and then give up. Now I just get back on and it doesn't make much difference. One day wont mess you up, keep going.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Willpower is a finite resource, like gas in tank. If you lay on the gas to much, and don't fill up... you run of of gas. Sounds like you have been pounding it pretty hard and just ran out of gas. So you slid down the hill a bit. You put on the brakes, arrested the fall and are now looking to put more gas in the tank. That is a good sign. TO many people just go into free fall, and the yo-you effect. Anxiety. Depression. Emotional Eating. Some months down the road they have put on more weight than they lost and wonder what happened.

Let me elaborate. You had a goal to do 20 reps of a particular exercise at the gym. You knock out 19 perfect reps but just could not bang out the 20th. Do you lambaste yourself over the 1 missed rep? Probably not, after all you did 19. That is a lot better than doing 10 or 5 or none. Now, you go out with some friends and get tempted 20 times. You are able to shoot down 19 temptations. However, the 20th one gets you. Now all of the sudden you are a failure?!

Let me give another example, if I know there is a large cliff and falling over it would be perilous at best. Do I walk on the edge? Heck, no! I stay a safe distance. Then I come to a narrowing of the path and I have to take the ledge. I can't go back. So I either have to take the LONG way around or a risk it. Sometimes the long way around is not an option. I risk it. Sometimes people fall in risky situations. Don't let the fall define your day. Heart takes getting up after the fall and carrying on. So, carry on! :)
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hey, we've all been there! I was down 78 pounds last Friday before a trip back to Michigan, DRANK 1200 calories Saturday night, ATE lots of good food, and ended up 2.4 pounds from last week. It happens! I can understand the disappointment, but as long as you get back on the ride you can do it! Hang in there (and also decrease your goals; 1-1.5 pounds/week is certainly enough, esp. since you're breastfeeding, too!!)
  • penpan
    penpan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just did the same thing this week and was not to happy with myself but got over it. (This time around I will have a cheat day)The next day I worked out and really loaded up on the vegetables. I was really happy that I still made my 2 lb loss this week. Don't be to hard on yourself. You can do it!!!!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    You're learning a new skill. I think as adults we put expectations on ourselves to get it right, all the time. We don't allow for a learning curve. When our kids learn to walk, ride a bike, tie a shoe, swim, read... etc, we lovingly tell them that making mistakes is part of learning and getting it right. When we screw up, we failed. ?? Just work on today. Make a good decision. Then make another. And when you don't get it right, log it and move on. You'll get there. :heart:
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    We are our own worst enemy! We are so hard on our-selves. I have gain 20 pounds because of binges that leads to stress. I have lost and gained the same pounds for the past year because I get in I don't care mode. I'm still here! I started Sept 2011. I lost 40 in three months which I hit my goal weight 115 pounds. I felt great but I got disappointed because I worked so hard and I lost a lot of weight and inches but was still disappointed. I felt like I looked the same but smaller. Which I did but I wasn't toned. That disappointment got to me that I started exercising less and eating more than I should. I figured oh well I'm still small. The main problem I had was I needed to be happy with myself and love my accomplishments. I could of just started lifting that would of taken care of the problem
  • lbaker6394
    lbaker6394 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    try to eat at least 4 servings of vegs a day. I save mine for dinner...I used to eat 4 pieces of pizza..so that is 680 calories. Instead I eat 2 pieces of pizza and a can of carrots with a pat of butter. Just as filling, but only 540 calories and the carrots are nutrient packed. I know how easy it is to fill up on snack foods, crackers, chips, etc. Replace them with vegs that you like and you will be pleased that you kept your calories down while staying satisfied. It has helped me to stop binging on the wrong foods. Now instead of chips - a can of spinach, a can of green beans - I drain them and add a pat of butter.