Needs energy!

Options
I am really lacking energy this week. Any suggestions how to give myself a boost? I have been getting up at 5 am to work out. I have tried to take naps the past two days,but it seems like it only makes me sleepier! I love love love iced coffee drinks, but they are loaded with calories. I am going to try a reg cup of coffee, but it's like 100 degrees here, and not really in the mood for coffee! Thanks

Replies

• dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Something that helps me...but takes a few days to work...is taking prenatal vitamins. Makes your skin, nails and hair look super too! :flowerforyou:
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    You probally need to take a couple of days off and let your body heal from all the damage exercise has done to it. Listen to your body (well, within reason :smile: )
  • Mstiff1222
    Options
    I can relate to how you feel......try taking B12 or B complex supplements, they help me with energy......Sometimes, you just have to push through the lack of energy and workout anyway......it often makes me feel better and more energy......GOOD LUCK
  • Godflogger
    Options
    YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE A LGE GLASS OF ICE COFFEE USING SPLENDA AND A FLAVORED CREAMER AND KEEP IT UND 50 CALS.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You can get the Starbucks VIA packets to make your own iced coffee or make it at home with a French Press (let it cool to room temp before adding ice).

Also, a small iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts with cream and sugar is 120 calories. I typically only get 1 sugar. I actually prefer a small coffee shop instead, that way I can add the sugar and cream myself.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE A LGE GLASS OF ICE COFFEE USING SPLENDA AND A FLAVORED CREAMER AND KEEP IT UND 50 CALS.

Careful though regarding Splenda.

"Once it gets to the gut, sucralose goes largely unrecognized in the body as food — that’s why it has no calories. The majority of people don’t absorb a significant amount of Splenda in their small intestine — about 15% by some accounts. The irony is that your body tries to clear unrecognizable substances by digesting them, so it’s not unlikely that the healthier your gastrointestinal system is, the more you’ll absorb the chlorinated molecules of Splenda.

So, is Splenda safe? The truth is we just don’t know yet. There are no long-term studies of the side effects of Splenda in humans. The manufacturer’s own short-term studies showed that very high doses of sucralose (far beyond what would be expected in an ordinary diet) caused shrunken thymus glands, enlarged livers, and kidney disorders in rodents. (A more recent study also shows that Splenda significantly decreases beneficial gut flora.)"

Source: http://www.womentowomen.com/healthyweight/splenda.aspx
  • k8mcgowan
    k8mcgowan Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I completely agree. There's a great inexpensive thing that I use called a coffee cone. It makes regular drip coffee by the single cup, so you can make as many as you want (or just one). It looks like a plastic cone with a base so it can sit on top of the cup, and you put a little filter in it like the ones you would put in a regular coffee maker. Let it cool and pour it over ice. I usually add 1/2 cup of skim milk to smooth it out a little. I'll have one around 2:00 PM and I'm good until it's time for bed. :)
  • jessp687
    jessp687 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try eating one whole watermelon the days you feel your worst, or a cup of coffee black
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough. I felt like hell the last couple weeks, bought a HRM, and found out I was burning twice what I thought and eating way too low.

Other than that, watch your iron and B vitamins.
  • Autumnskies
    Options
    Thanks for all your tips, can't wait to try them out. I take iron pills, and last week I got a Vit. b12 injection.