Morning versus night workouts

Options
I just started working out in the morning before work and feel great about it so far. Is it my imagination or is it making me feel amazing?

Replies

• BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Love morning workouts. I feel like it sets me up for my day and makes me make smarter eating decisions, gives me energy, AND I don't have to sit through an 8 hour shift worrying about having to go to the gym after!
  • preslyann50
    preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love morning weight lifting, hate morning running. I'm actually faster and can run longer if I go later in the day. But weight lifting, circuit training, things like that, better in morning for me. And since I started my day off right I tend not to let me diet go to crap lol
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person.......working out first thing in the morning gets the day off to a great start. I love the solitude of a 5AM run and getting to see the first blush of the rising sun....
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I used to work out in the morning and loved it but then my schedule would no longer allow for it :disappointed: I still work out but in the afternoons now after work. I would love to go back to morning workouts.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    On weekends I love going outside to workout in the mornings but on weekdays when I'm working this isn't feasible so hit the gym at lunch (we have a gym at work) &/or right after work.
  • HeatherCarnes76
    HeatherCarnes76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I workout in the afternoon and I sleep better. Morning workouts really get my day going and gives me so much energy. Both are actually great lol
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Morning workouts are great!! I find they help me stay energized and awake. I also exercise at night as well, as it makes me sleep better.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I love morning workouts. Those feel good endorphins put me in a great mood to start my day! I also feel very relaxed and I also can put all my energy into that workout rather than doing my daily activities and hitting the gym at night.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Both work fine for me..workout in the morning- good feeling the rest of the day.

Work out at night- good night of sleep thus a good day the next day.

Personally I enjoy later workouts since I have more energy and my body is fueled for the workout but I don't mind morning workouts either.