I cannot seem to get back on track

Options
Hi there,
I just got back from vacation and have totally fallen off the wagon. I cannot seem to get back on track. Of course with the holidays being around the corner it is only fueling the fire. I am looking for a support group and any advice and all!

Replies

• kenyalose
    kenyalose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I saw what you wrote and I know this healthy life can be a struggle but we have to support one another and stay strong. It's easier said then done to say it will be ok but it's honestly a day by day process.
  • Donnah781
    Donnah781 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi :-) I know what you mean. I just started back up on the exercising and trying to eat better. Didnt pick a good time to start but i will look at it as .... if i can get thru the holiday season i am strong enough to do this all year long :-) Its ok you fell off the wagon. I fell of for months haha. But take it one day at a time. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • rananiadis
    rananiadis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I really appreciate the motivating thoughts. Coming back from vacation and having a cold did not help either. I am really going to put a valiant effort forward
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Ok time to get it together, you had your vacation, I'm sure it was fab...time to get back on the weight loss wagon or else you'll just feel miserable....come on gal, time to get your head in gear and lose that weight :smile:
  • winnerorloser
    winnerorloser Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I keep talking and starting but don't get anything accomplished. I sit all day at my desk..I need exercise and a diet that I like
  • lexieelovee18
    lexieelovee18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    same thing happened to me, I went on a vacation last month and feel way off, before I went I was doing fine. I'm just now getting back on track(slowly) it's not easy but you can do it!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    rananiadis wrote: »
    Thanks ladies. I really appreciate the motivating thoughts. Coming back from vacation and having a cold did not help either. I am really going to put a valiant effort forward

I just had the same thing going on. Indulged for a week on vacation and then came back with bronchitis. I tried not to be too hard on myself about diet and exercising so I could get better - but yeah, it's completely frustrating. I am feeling well finally and got back into my cardio routine. I find the diet is easiest to manage when I am also exercising consistently. Gotta start somewhere. Just think of all you've already accomplished, and don't fret over the holidays - it's not productive. I hope you get your mojo back, too!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I keep talking and starting but don't get anything accomplished. I sit all day at my desk..I need exercise and a diet that I like

When you're struggling to start, think of the smallest thing you could do right now to advance your goal.

Maybe you can plan your meals for the next few days, write down how and when you will exercise, etc.

If you don't like the diets you tried, why not? Don't make too big of changes at once. My meals now are basically the same food I always ate, but in planned and measured portions. So I can still order pizza, but I won't have six slices of pizza plus a side of breadsticks at once.

Planning in advance is my big secret. I never go into a meal without knowing what it will be and how much I will have.

• Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    There are 9 weeks and some before the holidays. I know you do not want to be gaining every week for 9 weeks and I am sure that you want to lose weight every week for 9 weeks. Remember why you started your journey. Write a list of what you have accomplished already and what you still want to accomplish. Read success stories and believe in yourself. Try entering your food a day ahead so that you know what you are having the next day. That will help you stay on track. You can do this!