Major NSV for me!

Options
KansasGal
KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
So my husband works 7 days on and 7 days off. Every time he goes back to work I tend to eat out for lunch... a lot... and not good stuff. We are talking Sonic cheeseburgers, Burger King, McDonald's etc. Getting a sandwich fries, appetizer and drink.

So today he went back to work. Out of habit I got to thinking where I wanted to go. But nothing sounded good. I decided on something, put it in for my calories and decided it wasn't worth it. Found something else, did the same process. I did this four different times!

Finally, I said screw it! The salad and leftover steak at home sounds way better! I ACTUALLY SAID NO TO FAST FOOD!!!!! This is huge for me. I eat out like two to three times a day and actually walked away knowing it would screw up all my hard work.

‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt
I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay
Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay
Take you with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I’m on top of the world.

Replies

• robyndobyn3
    robyndobyn3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Your brain is changing!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    That is an excellent NSV lass
  • marlown
    marlown Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That is no small NSV! Congrats. Each time we resist we get stronger!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Will power
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up! xo
  • FutureThoughts
    FutureThoughts Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This sounds a lot like what I do too! I cave often, but am going to take strength from your post :) I agree that it is no small nsv, it's huge!! Congratulations! Keep saying no, it's all about each decision, each choice we make. Good job!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Great NSV. It's easier to slip when you can go eat like that without anyone seeing it, so that's a great test and win for you.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Will power

I prefer to call it better decision making. Willpower says to me denying something I want. Choice says to me I decided I don't really want that after considering all the consequences.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!