Refeed day recipies

Options
JeanWarmachine
JeanWarmachine Posts: 5 Member
Aloha,
I am looking for awesome recipies for my refeed days. I tried the pizza cake last week and I am looking for something equally amazing. Any ideas? Sweet-tooth dishes are also welcome!
Happy feasting!

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I read this as Reefer Day recipes, but I suppose it's still probably a valid suggestion!

Cowboy Casserole - http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cowboy-casserole

It's basically ground beef with corn and cheese topped with tater tots. And then topped with more cheese. I think we might have thrown a can of beans in there, too, when we made it.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    what is this pizza cake you speak of?
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

You're welcome.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    what is this pizza cake you speak of?

Just a guess.

pizza_cake_real.jpg
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Cereal!!!!! Noms noms noms;p
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Also, pizza isn't the best for a refeed unless you make it with fat free or low fat cheese and low fat meats. Refeed should be a decrease in fats, increase in carbs, and keep protein the same or even reduce a little.
  • CardiLuxe
    CardiLuxe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Lol
    Also, pizza isn't the best for a refeed unless you make it with fat free or low fat cheese and low fat meats. Refeed should be a decrease in fats, increase in carbs, and keep protein the same or even reduce a little.

Loolll exactly.
  • JeanWarmachine
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »

You're welcome.

So much appreciation!
    Thanks
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 dude honestly?! Who asked for your smart assery? No one I am assuming.
    I was asking for recipies not lectures.
    Please stop throwing unwanted advice at ppl... It's annoying as *kitten*!

Haha just tryin to help you out. And I did....I told you cereal.... That's probably one of the best refeed foods. I don't see my smart assery anywhere considering I was actually trying to help you explain what a proper refeed would be, so it was effective. I think you're looking for a cheat meal recipe (which I have nothing against), and not really a refeed. If you don't want to see advice, then I suggest you stay away from a health FORUM.....
  • JeanWarmachine
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 okay lemme be straight... I asked a question to the community and you provided some totally unrelated answer. The right way to refeed in YOUR OWN PERSONAL opinion might not be ideal for another person.
    As I said, I appreciate the information provided (which was no news for me btw, since I've been performing the sport of body building/ power lifting for 6 years now. All these medals hanging up on my wall kinda speak for themselves).
    I wish you all the best for your OWN PERSONAL WAY but please keep unwanted advice to yourself. If someone seriously is interested, he most definitely is going to ask you!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Wow, man. You're seriously overreacting to what seems like a legitimate, topical comment. Why so angry?
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 dude honestly?! Who asked for your smart assery? No one I am assuming.

Haha just tryin to help you out. And I did....I told you cereal.... That's probably one of the best refeed foods. I don't see my smart assery anywhere considering I was actually trying to help you explain what a proper refeed would be, so it was effective. I think you're looking for a cheat meal recipe (which I have nothing against), and not really a refeed. If you don't want to see advice, then I suggest you stay away from a health FORUM.....

While some cereals are fine, lower fiber high sugary cereals can be metabolically damaging and slow down leptin among other things. I would recommend oats, rice, bread, etc. before eating a box of sugar crisp or Krave. I like cereal on refeeds too, but try to stick to the mini wheats and things like that if you have a sweet tooth ;)
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Wow, man. You're seriously overreacting to what seems like a legitimate, topical comment. Why so angry?

Haha thank you! I seriously was just helping to give advice to a proper refeed.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

200_s.gif
  • DavPul
    Options

While some cereals are fine, lower fiber high sugary cereals can be metabolically damaging and slow down leptin among other things. I would recommend oats, rice, bread, etc. before eating a box of sugar crisp or Krave. I like cereal on refeeds too, but try to stick to the mini wheats and things like that if you have a sweet tooth ;)

200_s.gif
    200_s.gif
    200_s.gif

• pinggolfer96
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 okay lemme be straight... I asked a question to the community and you provided some totally unrelated answer. The right way to refeed in YOUR OWN PERSONAL opinion might not be ideal for another person.
    As I said, I appreciate the information provided (which was no news for me btw, since I've been performing the sport of body building/ power lifting for 6 years now. All these medals hanging up on my wall kinda speak for themselves).
    I wish you all the best for your OWN PERSONAL WAY but please keep unwanted advice to yourself. If someone seriously is interested, he most definitely is going to ask you!

Actually I gave you a related answer considering you said refeed recipes, and I mentioned cereal, then thought I'd help out saying a refeed should be low fat, high carb. Then you got a little upset and through a tantrum, and you got a little cocky in this above post. That's cool, you have a lot of medals....congrats, but I don't remember the last time lifting a weight for 6 years taught proper nutrition. My "own personal opinion" of a refeed is actually the correct way to follow a PROPER refeed. So I'm stating the general consensus of what people condsider a refeed. I was trying to help out. You don't need to get all upset and call me a smart assery "mr.medals. Just trying to help. Have fun with you cheat meal recipes sorry I mean refeed recipes.....(:
  • pinggolfer96
    edited October 2015
    Options

Mini wheats are life!!!! <3 Lol But I'm sorry, I don't agree on the metabolically damaging part and the effect on leptin, but I will agree that oats, sweet potatoes, rice...etc are my preferred carb sources. Just the occasional cereal is always good!
  • DavPul
    edited October 2015
    Options

Mini wheats are life!!!!

giphy.gif
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Mini wheats are life!!!!

giphy.gif

Haha made me lol