Calorie intake?

Options
Hi,
To lose 1lb how much calorie intake is reccomended? Same to lose 2lb a week?

I do 30min workout at least 3 times a week. I also try and do at least 1hour dog walk twice a day.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It is impossible to say without knowing your stats. What is your weight, age, height and how active are you during a normal day?
    To lose 1lb you need to burn 3500 calories more in a week than you take in, if that helps you at all.
  • iona_ellen
    iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks do you know of a web link that can work it out?
    It is impossible to say without knowing your stats. What is your weight, age, height and how active are you during a normal day?
    To lose 1lb you need to burn 3500 calories more in a week than you take in, if that helps you at all.

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    iona_ellen wrote: »
    Thanks do you know of a web link that can work it out?

Well, this website will work it out for you! You should have already given it a goal rate of loss and your details, and it should have given you a calorie goal to achieve that rate of loss.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Plug your info into the MFP and it will tell you what to do. :)
  • iona_ellen
    iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i weigh 12st, 23 yrs old, 5ft 7 i take my dogs on at least 1hr each day and 30min workout at least 5 days a week ? :)

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    If you put these stats into this website (or the app) it will give you a goal based on how much you want to lose a week.

Without knowing your activity level (ie. job, general amount you walk a day etc) it's hard to say exactly, but based on you being sedentary/lightly active, to lose 1lb a week you'd need to eat 1,360 cals a day :) As you're very close to a healthy BMI for your height, you're probably better off losing .5-1lb a week (depending on your goal).

Most people use MFP in a way that you add exercise in daily, you log how many calories you've burned and eat 25-50% back :) It's usually more accurate than working exercise into your daily calorie allowance

ETA: I used this website to figure out how many calories you need to lose 1lb a week, but MFP will do it for you and will make it easier to use the app properly if you put everything in accurately.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Input your stats and goals into MFP and you will get your answer.