Kitchenaid Mixer/Baking/Low Calorie Ideas

Options
hamppy1
hamppy1 Posts: 12 Member
Hi,
I just received my new kitchenaid stand mixer. I want to bake something with it that is low calorie. I tried searching the threads for different low cal baked goods, but thought it might be easier to start a new thread. If you have any recipes I would love to hear them, thanks!

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    <groans>

Hi. Congrats on the mixer. I am NOT the right one to respond. LOL

I have always considered myself a VERY GOOD cook, but not a baker. I got a Kitchenaid mixer last month, and went *nuts* with it. Can't say I was very healthy at ALL, but it was *delicious*. I've finally reigned it back in, but it was tough!!

What I found that aligned most closely with my eating plan was homemade angel food cake. In addition, I could make some baked goodies with applesauce instead of fats. I had BAD luck trying to substitute in my bread recipes.

Wish I could be more help. Enjoy your mixer (just not too much like I did!).
    D.
  • kuponokealoha
    kuponokealoha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did you find any recipes? I got the mixer for my birthday last week and am reluctant to keep it given the limited low calorie recipe options.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like making pizza dough, thin crust keeps it low cal, also when I am feeling lazy I will mix cake mix with canned pumpkin or applesauce or sometimes yogurt, to experament. My fave combo is devils food cake with pumpkin and extra unsweetened cocoa powder, makes a yummy muffin, or top it with splenda cream cheese frosting.

Pavlova: wipe out the bowl with a damp paper towel to make sure its very clean, whip 3 egg whites with 1/4 tsp cream of tartar until soft peaks, slowly add about 3/4th cup sugar or more to taste, a splash of vanila a tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp salt while whipping until stiff peaks, if you like fold in a few tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder until swirly. plie on a parchment liked baking sheet and flatten until about 1.5 inches tall. bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for an hour, cool, top with whipped cream and fruit/choppled chocolate etc. Caloried depend on topping and amount of sugar, but without cocoa or whipped cream it is fat free. calores are pretty low.

Meringues: do egg whites the same but omit lemon juice, add cocoa, vanilla, almond extract, peppermint extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, or whatever you want, beat until stiff peaks, put in a gallon plastic bag and snip a corner to pipe shapes on a parchment lined baking sheet, bake at a 250 oven for 90 min to 2 hours, until dry, then turn off oven, leave door closed and let cool for several hours.
  • missymacers
    missymacers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am seeking low fat low cal food dishes
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    This is from IG: lowcalrecipes98
    She is also the original creator of the Ridiculous Brownies
    Lots of fun things on her account.

~๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ๐ค๐œ๐š๐ฅ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ญ๐ž๐ข๐ง ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐??? ๐Ÿžโฃ
    Damn I am SO excited about this one, and it seems like you all are too! โฃ
    This opens up a whole new realm of possibilities guysโ€”french toast, grilled cheese, sandwiches, open faced โ€˜pizzaโ€™ bread.......the list goes on and on!! โฃ
    โฃ
    Enough rambling, hereโ€™s the part youโ€™ve been waiting forโฃ
    ๐ˆ๐ง๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐๐ข๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ:โฃ
    โ€ข 144g eggwhites (I used ~7 small-medium eggs) + pinch of cream of tartar โฃ
    โ€ข 8g psyllium husk โฃ
    โ€ข 21g unflavoured proteinโฃ
    โ€ข herbs & spices & salt to taste! โฃ
    โฃ
    ๐’๐ญ๐ž๐ฉ๐ฌ:โฃ
    1. Beat eggwhites with cream of tartar until stiff peaksโฃ
    2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients โฃ
    3. Bake at 160ยฐc in a small loaf pan for ~17-30min depending on your oven. Just make sure it doesnโ€™t burn and isnโ€™t jiggly or wet inside (๐ŸŒš) and youโ€™re good โฃ
    โฃ
    ๐˜•๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ: ๐˜ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ข๐˜ง ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด. ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถโ€™๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐Ÿฟ๐˜น๐Ÿปโ€ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ข๐˜ง ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ. โฃ
    โฃ
    ๐Ÿด~30kcal & 6g protein per slice. 164kcal & 30.6g protein, 5.6g fibre for the whole recipe!๐Ÿดโฃ[weighed 128g]

Chocolate Covered Katie has lots too